BKI Announces payment of another Special Dividend

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Synergy, 18th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. RogTheBear

RogTheBear Well-Known Member

Yes. Exactly.

2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Yes, it did take me a while to discover I am incompetent with both timing and specific shares. It's bloody tiring too I found.

In response to @RogTheBear's apparent sense of bewilderment all I can say is I do have a Maton. ;)

Anyways, I really cannot sell it one of the reasons being I gave the person who I bought it from the option of buying it back at the same price. They were going through a bad patch so had to sell but I don't believe it is the done thing to do over others especially in the circumstances which applied at the time.

Ynot likes this.
  3. RogTheBear

RogTheBear Well-Known Member

I bought a Les Paul from a mate about a dozen years back. He wasn't undergoing hard times as such, but he wanted to liquidate this particular instrument as his back wasn't up to it any more and he needed $ to buy his young son a motorbike. So I bought it. And somehow it got from the depths of Qld down to Sydney, intact. $2k even I paid, which was less than it was worth, but he didn't want more, even though I offered.

We called it "our guitar" and "Geordie's motorbike" for the next decade when talking about it.

In 2017 I bought a new Les Paul and didn't need two, and I mentioned this to the mate, whose brother, it turned out, was getting back into electric guitar playing and wanted an axe. So I sold it back to the brother. $2K even. Seemed the right thing to do. And I delivered it back to Qld personally. I love a happy ending.:cool:

SatayKing likes this.
  4. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Oh my, I'm cautious about lifting the Gibson at the moment as I'm still in recovery mode from an operation. Was advised to try and lift nothing heavier than a 2lt bottle of milk. Soon it will be OK but being slit open for 30cm isn't classified as keyhole surgery apparently.

And it's causing me to be even more cranky than I usually am. My excuse and I'm sticking to it.