Bizarre tradesman experience

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Jess Peletier, 2nd Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

158 likes this.
  2. Samten

Samten Well-Known Member

:D:D:D Still can't pick my self up off the floor ....so funny

3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Thought you meant he was Greek.

4. Samten

Samten Well-Known Member

New Australian? ......oh no that was 40 years ago.

5. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

Wow it must be bad then :D
    Good fun this reno stuff hey "Jeny" :p

Jess Peletier likes this.
  6. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

The Argentinian who tiled my alfresco area recently was the same guy who tiled my parents house 20 years ago. He looked old then...now he looks like he's ready to drop. He came to quote me the job and I was worried cause he looked too old for this kind of physical work. He said I'll start with a full tile here and end with a half tile there at the end of a 20 Metre alfresco. Guess what? He did exactly what he said he would. Ended with a half tile. This guy was a genius. One of the last great tilers of his generation around WS. Great professional and cleaned everything up when he was done. ..

7. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

Joe Dolce?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Mum had the tuckpointing on the brickwork touched up about a year ago - the guy was well into his 80's. Passed away last month, now I have lost my tuckpointer :( RIP Luigi ):

9. Singo

Singo Well-Known Member

When we renovated, the kitchen guy (introduced by a REA) decided that the toilet cistern is old and should be changed and got it done with the plumber who came to do the kitchen taps! And he brought a second hand security door as well. And a few other things like this which we never asked for. He just didn't seem to understand that we didn't ask for any of that.

But at the end of the day, everything he did was great and didn't cost much as well :D Lots of stress but a happy ending.

Last edited: 3rd Sep, 2015
  10. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

That's the awkward part - when they do things you don't ask them to do! I'm all for being proactive, but not when there's a strict budget involved!

11. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

In our first PPOR we did some minor renovations which required electrical work. My mother recommended a "friend" who was an electrician. We weren't really for him to begin and he kept calling in to start and I said asked my wife to check that he wasn't billing us as she was managing the job at the time. Sure enough when the bill came in he billed us for every visit even though we never asked him to come. We were younger then and just paid it but I was so angry. I couldn't believe someone would do that especially when my mother at the time had looked after him so much getting him new jobs. We definitely learnt from that experience.

12. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Yeah, just had one I asked to hold off until insurance has a look, they went ahead and whacked a hole in the bathroom tiles anyway to let the floorboards dry before they started work - but you just started work!?!

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.