Crypto Bitcoin - Getting it off a paper wallet, can anyone help me out?

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Propagate, 26th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

I know there's a few crypto people on here, so thought I'd ask.

I've a bunch of wallets and a bunch of different crypto.

I've got more online exchange accounts than I'd care to remember.

I have a verified Coinjar (Australian based) account which I have added and withdrawn cyrpto into cash before and put back into my bank, no worries.

What I can't seem to work out now (been a few years since I last played with this stuff), is how to get the BTC from a couple of paper wallets into Coinjar so I can sell them out into cash?

I bought 0.25 BTC as a gift fro the in-laws years ago and they want to cash them out.

In Coinjar I can send myself crypto from any other online wallet but there doesn't seem to be a facility to import/sweep a paper wallet directly into Coinjar?

All the online stuff I've found suggests various different new accounts to open for new online wallets, then sweep, then transfer them to wherever.

I thought there was a site where you could just put in say my Coinjar receiving wallet address then type in the public and private key of the paper wallet and how much to send to the receiving address without having to sweep into another new online wallet first?

Anyone done similar recently and has an idiots guide?

Cheers.

2. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

3. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Just make sure you double and triple-check any URLs!!!

Propagate likes this.
  4. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Thanks @hammer wish I'd posted this at 6am this morning and not wasted hours trying to work it out. Successfully emptied the paper wallets into the Blockchain app on my phone, now just need to send them to Coinjar so I can sell them out to AUD.

Cheers.

hammer likes this.