Crypto Bitcoin @ 10k...

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by hammer, 3rd Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
  2. Alex Straker

Alex Straker Financial Life Coach Business Member

Guest, Not stopped out, I initially placed it at 11,565 but seeing this new push toward last weeks high I moved it a touch just beyond the next level of resistance higher at 11,625 which increases the potential loss a minimal amount but not worth worrying about relative to the gain I am sitting on. Moment of truth right now, price is hovering right at the previous high. Either we will see a double top, maybe little false break and collapse from here or it alternatively it absolutely kills all the shorts with a stop run and tears off a higher :)

Perthguy likes this.
  3. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Also don't make the same mistake I did by ignoring ALT coins...there's been some very magical things happening in that space as well...

Xenia and chylld like this.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

I guess there is such thing as a free lunch ;)
    Which exchange do you trade it on? CoinDesk RPI had it over $11,800!

5. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

yep most of the action is happening outside of the mainstream (btc). e.g. IOTA doing well for itelf over the last 24 hours...

6. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

I've decided to stop using % to track my crypto in excel as the numbers become too hard to read. Added a custom format:
    Untitle2d.png

Xenia likes this.
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Nice :) Room for a weighted average (on your allocation) down the bottom?

8. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

It's up the top :) 2.238x currently.

Guest likes this.
  9. 158

158 Well-Known Member

You know what makes me laugh out loud? Hypocrisy and buIIsh!t.

I find it very interesting that a powerhouse like McDonalds is yet to accept Bitcoin, but certain small business owners are accepting payment for invoices in Bitcoin..... :rolleyes: ...... yeah right!

And I nearly wee myself with a quick search on the forum:

6 Months ago: Cryptocurrencies.
    This weekend:
    Bitcoin @ 10k...

So only investing comfortably in cryptocurrencies the last 5min?

Don't be mushrooms people.....lots of ultracrepidarians out there!

pinkboy

Snowball likes this.
  10. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

@pinkboy haha I like the way that it's not accepted yet - but bookmakers are letting you bet on it happening or not.

158 likes this.
  11. Alex Straker

IC Markets

Current hourly high of BTCUSD (CFD) 11,561.35, may get taken out any second though price is hovering there now :)

I am loving what I am seeing, all classic signs of imminent collapse are emerging......massive volume spikes in Thu/Fri trading, huge price gap below here, end of beautifully proportion Elliott wave set, price touched extension of original growth vector, lost motion into the strong resistance zone, euphoric chat about BTC everywhere you go, you make up your own mind ;)

If this one gets stopped out I will definitely be patiently looking for the second entry if price quickly rejects the area again (quickly retreats below the high and resistance zone).

General information only, no product recommendation or advice, DYOR

charttv likes this.
  12. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

I posted this in a new thread last week but it didn't get much traction, so thought I'd post it here as there been another fork since.

If you have a cold storage Bitcoin wallet and don't know anything about the block chain forks, then check your wallet addresses as you may have more, free crypto on them.

Bitcoin has forked twice so far, the first time a byproduct crypto was created called Bitcoin Cash and the second fork created Bitcoin Gold.

If you had Birtcoin on exchanges you'd probably have got e-mails from them about how and if they would handle the fork on your coins stored with them.

if you had/have cold storage Bitcoins then your existing wallet address should not show your additional Cash & Gold balances.

The forks created the spin of crypto at 1:1 so for every one Bitcoin you had on a wallet you'll now also have 1 Bitcoin Cash and 1 Bitcoin Gold.

They are not view-able on all blockchain viewers though, so if you want to check your balances then hit these block-chain explorers up:-

Bitcoin Cash - enter your paper wallet PUBLIC key to Blockchair

Bitcoin Gold - enter your paper wallet PUBLIC key to Bitcoin Gold Explorer - Blockchain

My understanding is that if you send say BT Gold from your paper wallet to a BT GOLD address for example, your BTC & BCH balances on the cold wallet will not change, only yout BTG but I have yet to test it.

As I type this, BTCash is worth $2100 per coin and BTGold just over $400 so not a bad little windfall you may not know you had.

Watch your wallets this month too as there are apparently two more forks heading in December, creating BT Diamond and BT Platinum. More free money!

Perthguy likes this.
  13. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

I just missed out on BTG... but bought into BCH around that time for ~$550 so I can't complain :) Diamond and Platinum will be the first forks I get.

(Thread title starting to show its age...)

Xenia likes this.
  14. evalord

evalord Well-Known Member

BTC in a way sounds like buying houses in Moranbah, 1 trick pony built on pure speculation. At least you can't get negative equity with BTC.

15. funkychickendancer

funkychickendancer Well-Known Member

Welp... you called it.

https://ins.world/INS-ICO-Whitepaper.pdf

Xenia likes this.
  16. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

We're at 20k now.

I suspect this is hype coming into the start of CME's futures markets which kick off in a few days.

Even my crappy bytecoin are up 60 percent. I've been using this as an insanity index. There's no "reason" to buy these. They are crap coins with no blockchain use.

It's all feeling very frothy now. Have been wrong before though.... still it shall be interesting to see what happens once the really big fish enter the lake.

Take care out there...

17. Alex Straker

Agree, heck of a lot of $ on the table now. I have heard about 'getting in to bitcoin' in the last few weeks from hairdressers, tradies, taxi drivers, teachers, lawyers and the list goes on. Even one of my retiree highly conservative couples bought it up at their review appointment.

Although this thing is going absolutely ballistic and no-one in their right mind can imagine this momentum suddenly changing it is obvious from the massive volume increase in recent days that strong hands have become more involved. This means either they are distributing it to greater fools or consider it time to pile in for a trend acceleration. I'm tipping the scales in favour of distribution and it looks to me like they are still reeling in the 'late to party' public up here. If it does turn out to be distribution, these players are cruel and will tend to start pushing price around to psych people out until they distribute as much as they desire, then they will drop it hard. In normal markets when price turns vertical like this it's OVER.

I got stopped out on first short attempt on XBTUSD (CFD on Bitcoin).

Price is coming in towards final zone of interest (very close) and more importantly timing cycle which is over the next few days.

Interested in shorting again if it holds under 14,125 and looking for reaction at around 13,550/13650, price is almost there now and may hang around this area a few days. Need to see an obvious reaction. Bear in mind there can be massive discrepancies between different brokers pricing. Someone had a price of 11,800 USD at the same time my broker had 11550 on the CFD.

It can be difficult to project price levels for extensions accurately, this tends to be easier when it's a retracement with more market structure to work with. However I have a personal conviction that the timing indication on this is solid for the near term. Potentially we will still see a long term high within 10 days max from now and much more likely between today 7/12/17 and Tuesday 12/12/17.

No advice, DYOR

Blueskies likes this.
  18. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

All excellent points! For those of us mere mortals without this kind of knowledge or the kahunas to use a leveraged CFD, you can always put the anchor out by exchanging your coins for tether.

Tether is a crypto pinned to the USD. In theory (yes, tether is potentially dodgy too..) tether should stay at $1 during a drop allowing you to go shopping again once the carnage is over...

Anyway, Please do your own research, Not advice! But a strategy that is at least worth having a glance over.

P.S Bitcoin at 22k now...

Last edited: 7th Dec, 2017
  19. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    Tether is dodgy as, no way they are back all the tethers with actual $ in the bank, just look how much is being added, ridiculous.
    You don’t want to be left holding the bag when it implodes as it will.

Alex Straker and hammer like this.
  20. Alex Straker

Short small piece @14,929 BTCUSD (not same as Aussie dollar value) can take much more.

Highly risky spec play, no advice, DYOR

Last edited: 8th Dec, 2017