Bills

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Gockie, 31st Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

lol....half price for half a job !

Annoying when they do not do what is needed, I have had to direct some of them on what to do, which is ok when they charge next to nothing. Rather that then mistakes or forgetting to do things !

2. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

I always pay my own bills. You can confirm they are right. Don't forget you can object valuations from council and reduce your rates.

But a big reason is the points. Hell I pay anyone's bills I can get my hands on as long as I'm being reimbursed. I rarely pay surcharges but when I do I do so knowing the cost per point and the redemption value per point.

Last year I took my wife and two children to Europe return for $650 plus points that had cost me no more than $1000 in surcharges. The only points I spend a bit of money on are ATO but as most cards are no longer rewarding ATO spend this will stop shortly.

I already have enough points for four return tickets to LA at the moment. But as we are going to have a third prob won't go for a while.

Before you say surcharges nothing is free etc you should check it out the biggest thing is the more you spend the more you earn so spending on investment things like property related costs where surcharges may even be tax deductible puts you ahead of the rest. As I redeem for economy seats the points benefits are lower but still very much there. If you would normally fly business then the points benefit can be huge.

You of course have to consider the time value of money if your paying surcharges but you'd be surprised how many things don't have surcharges especially for visa.

Perthguy likes this.
  3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Most of the cards seems to exclude govt charges ? So I stopped doing rates that way & most charge a surcharge now too. Can I ask what points your getting ?

Personally I do not like the PM to do it till I know what they are like, it would also seem easier at tax time to have all related bills on rental statements

4. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

People often make this mistake govt charges are related to a fee that govt charges banks and gets I charged to the account.

This is not PAYG Rates Tax Land Tax etc. however that said many cards now don't pay points for ATO but they do for SRO and Council. If your interested in which cards are best for what the best place to look is the forums at Australian frequent flyer.

5. JetstreamVic

JetstreamVic Well-Known Member

I've got an altitude black card, free with my home loan from wpc