Health & Family Biggest Loser Winter 2017

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 31st May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Hmm ... my understanding (I could be wrong here) is that a biopsy is supposed to be a lot more accurate than blood tests.

But then, if you were avoiding gluten when you had the test done, and you know it makes you feel yech, then I'd still be leaning towards that as a likely factor. Either way, might be worth checking with your GP about.

2. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what the gastro doc said - that the biopsy is more accurate.

I'm not too fussed about it. I've found what works for me food wise as far as my guts are concerned so I'll just stick with that. Don't feel like I need an official diagnosis one way or the other.

Perthguy, 158 and Simon Hampel like this.
  3. Graeme

Graeme Well-Known Member

I've been away for a few weeks, and despite a pretty poor diet I weighed in at 98.5 kg on Wednesday. :)

I've got to get back into training and dieting. This week has been disrupted by jetlag and other things, but I'll settle into a routine shortly.

My target is to cut down to around 95 or 96 kg, then I'll flip over to a clean bulk, and see if I can add some lean mass.

@Kinnon Bell there's a lot of proper scientific evidence for the Mediterranean Diet, so it's not a bad way to go. However, I always think that the best approach is the one you can stick to, even if it's not necessarily perfect, as that will deliver the best results over time.

If your cholesterol is a worry, look into the Portfolio Diet. It combines a number of foods shown to drop levels (soy protein, walnuts or almonds, insoluble fibre, and plant sterols), and studies have shown it to be effective.

@Simon Hampel glad to hear that your weight is shifting again. My guess is that you had a stall, and I know just how frustrating they can be!

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

02/10/2017 - weight: 109.0kg - waist: 114.5cm

Bit of a mixed week this week.

Generally had a good week - got some good exercise in, for the most part ate well. I did take my kids/parents out for arepas and empanadas for lunch (with arequipe on wafers for dessert) which was definitely not low carb. Also went to a 70th birthday lunch yesterday where I ate cake - so I did kind of expect to have gone backwards a bit.

Pretty happy to have weighed in at the same I did last week - I was actually down into the low 108's earlier in the week, so not a bad result overall. Waist is dropping quite quickly now - it needs to catch up with the weight loss, so I think I'm going to end up in wardrobe distress pretty soon at this rate (which is a nice problem to have, but still costly $$).

upload_2017-10-2_11-45-12.png

Terry_w likes this.
  5. Graeme

Graeme Well-Known Member

I was 98 kg on Monday, saw 97.5 kg over the weekend.

I've just been through the wardrobe cull thing, Simon. It is expensive. :(