Health & Family "Biggest Loser" Week 9 Weigh In

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 8th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Sorry, I’ve been in hiding.

There are a few reasons (or should I say excuses) for it. First is that my scales are a bit dodgy and I’ve got to recharge the battery before using it each time. I’ve also had some issues (personal, work and a little bit of real estate) that have taken a lot of my energy.

The main one however is that the bolt holding my saddle onto my bike snapped exactly two weeks ago. I came off and my right shoulder and my left wrist are still quite sore. The x rays showed that nothing is broken, though the distance between my collar bone and my shoulder bone indicated a bit of swelling within the joint. I also got a decent amount of gravel rash and my right hip was very sore, but both of these issues have resolved completely.

A combination of these factors meant that not only I couldn’t exercise, but that I’ve been eating a bit more again due to frustration and lack of energy to focus on weight loss.

I guess I’m in the dreaded yoyo zone right not, which I’m not very happy about.

I’m hoping that I’ll be well enough to start riding to work from next Monday again though.

2. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

24 hour later weigh in - 77.1kg
    All over the place lately.

3. 158

158 Well-Known Member

I concur. Weighed in this morning 86.8kg. This rabbit food diet is having the desired effect. Pity at the cost of my functionality to get through the day after my slogfest ride this morning!

pinkboy

4. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

I've been away all week until today, will weigh in on Monday this coming week.

158 likes this.
  5. devank

devank Well-Known Member

How many steps per day are we supposed to take on average?
    Your average is about 8400. I'm averaging around 8700 per day.
    Screenshot_20160811-133741.png

6. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

10,000 is a recommended / popular goal.

7. devank

devank Well-Known Member

It's not easy to reach 10K unless you allocate walking time. I like to incorporate walking into normal life.
    For example, walking to train station instead of getting dropped off. Getting off one station early even though the next station is closer to work. I still get to work around the same time anyway. Walk a bit further to find new lunch places.
    Are there any other ways to increase number of steps?

8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I bought a cheapie air-walker and try every day to watch something whilst "walking" and not sitting. In an hour I can "walk" 4000 steps, but the count happens is as the handle passes the counter so I think each "step" is equivalent to two steps if I was actually walking. So I think I'm taking 8000 steps in an hour. I do work up a sweat but some days not so much, depends on my mood.

9. devank

devank Well-Known Member

My Home to train station is about 13 min walk. It is about 1300 steps. So that's about 6000 steps an hour.

10. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

That sounds about right according to what I just googled to see what I'm actually walking (4000 or 8000).

I'm walking way faster to get to 4000 steps in 60 minutes than a walk to the train though. I work up quite a sweat sometimes. I did an hour yesterday but that included four reps of four minutes of almost full intensity HIIT within that hour.

I don't count steps, but count time but was curious to know if I was walking the equivalent of 4000 steps or 8000 due to the way the machine counts. I googled and found this which sounds like I'm doing 8000 steps -

On average, 2000 steps is about a mile so walking 10,000 steps means walking about 5 miles. 10,000 Steps.
    How long will it take you to walk 10,000 steps? Most of us walk briskly at about 3.5 miles per hour which takes about 17 minutes per mile or about 85 minutes for 5 miles.

I just like the sound of 8000 better than 4000. I feel like I've worked harder. :D

11. devank

devank Well-Known Member

You are right. Intensity comes into play. I average about 200 steps to play a point in tennis singles. That 200 steps is not same as walking steps.

May be bring in the distance measure the speed. My station is about 1.1 kms. That means my walking speed is about 5 km per hour.
    In transport modeling, we used 4 km/h as standard walking speed.

12. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I'm gaining weight... Ill have to rely on the mirror and PC critiqued photos at the end of the comp

13. Ace in the Hole

You're probably getting smaller still, if you're gaining muscle and losing fat.
    Weight does not equal volume.

Bran likes this.
  14. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

My expected 5kg creatine gain doesn't help either

15. Ace in the Hole

Yeah, lots of water retention for some people.
    I've always been a non responder as far as I can tell, tried all types.
    Still got some that's not out of date so may give it another go since I'm training consistently now.

Bran likes this.
  16. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

It took about 2-3 weeks for me... all of a sudden you can push the next weight up and still get the same reps. Even if its fully placebo, I don't mind - anything that makes me push harder. I've definitely bulked over the challenge, shirts are all getting tight - I need to focus on some leaning down.

17. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I'm down to the 85 kilo mark tonight,been working 12 hour days finished a roof late today ,it took 16 hours by myself
    and few flashing's to go in the morning,never felt better in my life..

WattleIdo, Bran and wylie like this.
  18. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

That's about right.

After flying from Delhi to Singapore on Monday I had about 3500 steps for the day. My immediate goal in transit therefore became clocking up 6500 steps in transit. Easy to do in an hour walking the long transit halls at Changi Airport.

19. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Travelling takes it out of you.
    I always seem to be keeping brisk pace trying to make bag check in or the next train or something.

20. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Just went out to ride some hills. Some car goon overtook me on a blind corner and took out a cyclist coming the other direction. I'm buying an indoor trainer. It took all my courage to even get out there today in the first place.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia