Health & Family "Biggest Loser" Week 6 Weigh In.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 18th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Its that time of week folks - Monday weigh in. Please record your weight so I can put it in the spreadsheet (earlier this week).

Today marks the midway point of the challenge. Kudos to all who have weighed in. Time to reassess goals, and to work towards them for a better and healthier you.

I look forward to the half way stats.

pinkboy

2. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

158 likes this.
  3. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

63.0 so another 100g down :p
    Halfway so I can say if I'm going like this I'll lose another 200g by the end of the challange :rolleyes:

Bran and 158 like this.
  4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

For me today 58.4kg.

I'm very flat about today's weigh in. Saturday I was 58.0, Sunday 58.1 and today I'm 58.4kg. I exercised 45 minutes yesterday and ate well.

This is the same as last weigh in, but I've been following the macro splits suggested by the dietitian as closely as I can. I just checked and the weekly average I consumed was 1250 calories per day (clear to me it is higher than 1100 I'm aiming for to lose half a kilo per week, but still less than the 1600 I should be able to eat to stay the same weight - something is wrong here). I'm aiming for 1100 but eating out makes it harder, though I didn't just abandon my efforts. I "should" have lost something. I'm back to see him tomorrow so it will be good to see what he says.

When I saw him the first time two weeks ago tomorrow, I was 59.0 at Monday weigh in, and 58.7 on the Tuesday. So, I'm down slightly, and had a couple of family dinners and a weekend away, so I guess it is not too bad, but just to stay at this weight I'm eating less than most people would be eating, so I can now understand how I managed to blow out to 65kg two years ago when not counting or watching what I ate.

I will try from today to stick with 1100 calories per day which should see me lose half a kilo per week. I just feel like giving up today :(.

(I know I'm not hugely overweight, but for me... I am well over my comfortable weight.)

Marg4000 likes this.
  5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Down just below 87 kilos,another way i have found that does help is use a smaller plate,..

6. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

89.0kg :-/

7. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I took some photos last night which I can share if there is popular demand. There is minimal weight loss, but I think some definite changes in body composition/physique

mrdobalina and EN710 like this.
  8. jim1964

jim1964 1941

127.2Cheers @PB

willair likes this.
  9. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

77.6kg - down 0.5kg from last week.

Had the worst diet and training week since starting, but I guess the momentum of previous weeks carried me through.

Ate as much as I could till my stomach hurt on Friday night at a Thai restaurant, then when I got home, at a whole big bag of Cheetohs chees & bacon balls, then my stomach really hurt for then next couple of hours.
    Friday is typically my eat as much as I want day.
    Also had Maccas a couple times during the week.
    Want to get back on track with some better food choices this week.

Can't remember being this light weight for a very long time.

Bran likes this.
  10. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

Just realised I forgot to weigh in last week.

I was 67.4kg last week then on Friday morning I managed to get down to 66.5kg then went away camping for a long weekend and didn't eat all that well and did a lot of sitting in the car and not much physical activity.

This morning I was 67.4kg....

*sigh*

11. srirang

srirang Well-Known Member

94.9 KGs. thanks

12. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Don't get too disappointed, it's a slow process.
    Losing weight very slowly is a much better result than losing weight fast.
    You will get natural fluctuations during that whole time too, but as long as the trend is slowly down in the long term then all is good.
    It's just like looking at stock charts when you look at daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and 5, 10 year terms.
    The short term stuff can be hugely volatile but almost meaningless to the long term results.

Consistency is the key.

WattleIdo and wylie like this.
  13. devank

devank Well-Known Member

77.5 Kg.
    I didn't expect to do lose any weight but I did manage to do more activities. Possibly signs of cold sickness may have contributed to the slight drop in weight.

14. shimmy

shimmy Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm new but thought I would join in. Just tell me to get lost if I'm too late to join the party. I've never been on a diet before but now I look like a bloody spider with skinny arms and legs and a fat belly! ugh! I go to the gym about 3 days a week and also line dance 1-2 times a week and that's my exercise. I need to cut down on food..current weight 64kgs, aiming to lose 4kgs

Jess Peletier likes this.
  15. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

77.1kg's not sure how, but happy. My last couple of weigh ins weren't first thing in the morning so maybe that was the difference.

16. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Same - no change

17. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

106.1kg. I'm still only about 2kg down in total. This is disappointing as I dipped into low 105/even 104.9 during the week. Not sure which way the fluid has gone to indicate which figure is more accurate. But given it's halfway, I don't want you guys to think I'm slacking off - I've made massive changes, so ... I'm sharing an update of my muffin top - as I don't think the weight in numbers is telling the whole story. (I'm sorry to those eating dinner, it's still not pretty).

BEFORE
    Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 7.31.21 PM.png

AFTER
    Screen Shot 2016-07-17 at 7.15.43 PM.png

18. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Welcome!!
    I think we should continue this beyond the 8 weeks, perhaps with monthly weigh-ins once it ends.

Edit: @shimmy : What's going to change at gym and your diet to achieve your goal? I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I bet you need to do more weights or HIIT and eat more protein! :)

shimmy likes this.
  19. shimmy

shimmy Well-Known Member

Good on you, thanks Bran! :)

Bran likes this.
  20. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

99.0kg this week! Gym last three days in a row, on a roll. Hoping next week sees more loss.

shimmy and Bran like this.