Health & Family "Biggest Loser" Week 5 Weigh in.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 11th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Monday mornings roll around so quick. Please record your weight in this thread so I can update the spreadsheet.

Also tell us about your good days, not so good days and blow outs you think contributed to your weigh in.

At the end of this week marks half way. Are you on track to your goal at the mid point?

pinkboy

2. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

63.1 again this morning. At one point in the week it was 62.7 though so I guess I ate the weight back on the weekend :p

Similar exercise as last time, somehow less hungry during the week but that maybe because of slightly bigger lunch

3. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

89.1 kg

Losing - 2 steps forward, one back sometimes the other way around. Am doing ok with food. Need more exercise. Will stick to exercise plan by hook or by crook this week.
    Would have liked to have been closer to 80 kg by this point in time. Goal of 2kg a week probably unrealistic under circumstances. 1 kg a week off is much more do-able.

Last edited: 11th Jul, 2016
    Westminster likes this.
  4. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

88.2kg. Approx 80,0000 steps during the week. Included 10km of running during the work week and a 10km hike yesterday.

Had a dinner party at my place Saturday night. Spent much of Saturday doing housework which was quite good exercise. Generally ate well during the week. No so well on the weekend.

Westminster likes this.
  5. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

78.1kg, down another 0.2kg, slow and steady.
    Exercise is consistent and diet relatively consistent, some pizza and Maccas in there.

6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

76.8, down 200gms which isn't stellar, but it's going in the right direction.

7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

58.4 this morning.
    After seeing the dietitian last Tuesday and tweaking my macros for three days I was 58.2 before heading to Tenterfield for a weekend, which meant all meals Saturday and Sunday (except Sunday dinner) were eaten out.

I ate what I wanted, but still avoided stupid things, and today I'm back to macro splits as per dietitian. I need to be strict now as we go overseas in six weeks and will be away eight weeks. I want to start a bit lighter than current weight to give me leeway for the trip.

Last Tuesday I saw the dietitian and was 58.7 that morning (59.0 the day before, weigh in Monday last week). Since eating under his new plan, I'd lost .5kg before going away for the weekend.

Starting weight today 58.4kg. Let's see what a whole week of trying to follow his macro goals brings me.

Edit: Just looked back and my weight last Monday was 59.0 after a big family lunch the day before. Had we not gone away, I'd be very happy today, but I've still lost weight from last Monday.

Perthguy and EN710 like this.
  8. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

My training was good.
    I realised that my volume of food had crept up and Ive been eating snacks (healthy almonds, home made dips etc) far more than I needed.
    Add to that a burger for dinner Friday night with Friends and a restaurant lunch yesterday (with healthy-ish choices), I hold no hope for weight loss this week.

Edit: 106.6kg. Bugger

9. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

78.6kg's

Was away all last week with no real training. Next week I'll be away again, need to avoid too many drinks and snacks while away.

10. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

Missed last week due to skiing - so over the two weeks I've lost 2.1kg from memory. The extra activity seems to have helped but that would have been offset with extra eating.

Ready to have a big effort now to lose around 4kg in the last 3 weeks.

11. srirang

srirang Well-Known Member

Been away all last week so didn't weigh in then.

Now at 96.4 KG and 25.2% body fat = same as 3 weeks ago.

Did anyone say yo yo?

12. jim1964

jim1964 1941

13. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

77.2 - so lost last week's gain YAY
    I suspect my half way point is not spectacular (gross understatement) but I'm closer to 76 than when I started
    It was first week of school holidays last week and I'm sorry but I wasn't online much to support you guys but I'll read up the weigh ins and hope everyone had a good week.

Good things last week:
    - physical labour - my gadget (Apple Watch) said that when I did 2hrs of hand sawing frangipanis, lifting them and carting them around did raise my heart rate enough to consider about 20mins of them to be exercise. That may sound pitiful but the other 2hrs does count but 15mins did get into the 'burn' zone. Similarly yesterday I did 2hrs of landscaping which was lugging 7 x 20kg mulch around, digging holes, planting trees etc etc which gave me 17mins of exercise.
    - walk/jogs. I had to drop DS17 at the train station at 7am 4 times last week to get him to ATAR/TEE study bootcamp so I packed the dog in too and did some walk/jogs around the lake afterwards before heading home.

Bad things last week
    - not consistent enough with regular meals - it wasn't eating bad meals it was eating NO meals. I would have a coffee in the morning and get distracted and be working and not get to lunch until 3pm. I really need to work on this if I'm to get metabolism back on track

Perthguy likes this.
  14. Westminster

@wylie did you post about your dietician meeting in last weeks thread? I'm curious about what they said etc

15. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

105.9kg (400g gain) :(
    I had a positive result of having to punch a new hole into a belt I hadn't worn in a few weeks, which felt nice. So at least I've got proof of the long term trend heading in the right direction!

During the week, I was reasonably good, but I think the weekend it what gave me the poor result. We went out for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, which was accompanied by plenty of beers. And yesterday I ate a bit as well.

But I think that it's probably good to not overdo it with a competition like this. In the end there's nothing to gain from losing 20kg during it and then putting 30kg back on after the competition is finished. Slow and steady is certainly the better way. I'm planning to not weigh over 100kg at any point during the next year.

@pinkboy, due to me changing my weigh-in times, could you please subtract 2kg from my starting weight? That way it's more reflective of my actual weight loss.

16. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I did :)

17. Westminster

@pinkboy can you change my starting weight to 78.1? The 77 was just a guess as I didn't have batteries in my scales until first weigh in.

18. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I reckon this is great progress! I tracked my waist down 2 belt notches without losing much at all on the scales. I sure felt a lot better 2 notches down :)

wombat777 likes this.
  19. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Unless you have specific performance goals, I'd say that reducing waist size is much more relevant than reducing overall body weight.
    It gives a much better indication of body composition in general.

devank and Perthguy like this.
  20. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

99.2 slight slippage! But, new gym membership with a 50m pool. Social weekend, bit too much drinking.

Perthguy likes this.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF