Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

'Biggest Loser' Week 4 Weigh In

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by pinkboy, 4th Jul, 2016.

1. pinkboy

pinkboy Well-Known Member Premium Member

Hi everyone. Today marks week 4 of your weight loss challenge journey. Please record your weight in this thread for this week so I can update the spreadsheet.

There has been great discussion regarding recipes last week, but I think there are plenty more out there for all to share.

Over to you folks.

pinkboy

Perthguy likes this.
  2. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

63.1 so 100g down :confused:
    Have increase swimming by another 100m each, haven't done much anything else and I ate bbq (read: a lot) on the weekend

Tried making broad beans in slow cooker, but I must have done something really wrong, it has real bitter aftertaste

pinkboy likes this.
  3. skater

skater Capitalist Premium Member

77kg :( No change for me, although we went to a Birthday party at a Polish Restaurant on Saturday & they kept serving up more & more food. It was insane, and none of it was good quality, although I am sure it was very expensive, going by how much of it there was. I felt terrible afterwards. Yesterday I told Hubby I wanted to go for a walk, so he bundled me into the car, drove to Wentworth Falls & we trekked down the mountain. What goes down, must come back up again, & it was tough going, so was hoping that might have helped a little. Then later on in the evening, we walked to the shop & back home (close to 1/2 hour each way). That's not a bad walk.

pinkboy and EN710 like this.
  4. pinkboy

pinkboy Well-Known Member Premium Member

88.2. Also a 100g loss.

Im very surprised at this. Ive had a few naughty meals this week like Maccas and Pizza (school holidays). I did however have a really solid week on the bike considering I was sore and walking wounded earlier in the week.

I think the above reflects my mentality somewhat. I have always justified my junk food habits by the calories I know Im going to burn exercising. I need to change the mentality to reward myself at the other end, not justify future exercise.

I need to focus more and make decisions around food better the coming weeks if Im going to continue losing weight. 100g loss this week is the wake up call that I am going to have to work hard not to get an increase.

pinkboy

Westminster, Perthguy and EN710 like this.
  5. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member Premium Member

78.3kg, a new low.
    Super crazy busy week at work, wiped out.
    Ate out quite a few times and missed a couple of training sessions, just too busy and physically worn out.

6. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member Premium Member

I'm back up to 89.3kg. Not a great week diet wise and did not have the time to go running as much as I wanted to.

My cardio fitness is improving through. 4 weeks of regular running has improved my vO2 Max score. It will be interesting to see what affect a week of walking at altitude will have at the end of the month.

pinkboy likes this.
  7. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

I came across this and though about your guys and gals:

The World's First 3D Fitness Tracker

Looks fantastic - it's a home 3d body scanner producing exceptionally detailed scans (down to a fraction of a cm) and tracking bodyfat, weight, exact measurements of muscles etc. It will create heatmaps showing fat loss/gain and muscle loss/gain in great detail and keep track of progress in a whole new way. "What gets measured gets managed".

I might reserve one. I believe they're shipping around Q2 2017.

Perthguy, EN710 and Player like this.
  8. Player

Player Well-Known Member

Are you lacking resourcefulness this morning?

Just print one. :D

9. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker - Australia Wide Business Member

This would be really cool to do with kids over a few years!

10. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Great idea if it is accurate :)

11. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Well... I think I'm going to win the "most weight put on this week" award.

Today I'm 59.0kg. Really, really annoyed because that was due to pretty much one day of eating with abandon. We had a son arrive home from a holiday and a MIL and SIL and BIL for lunch. They put on beautiful food when we visit them (he is Sicilian... food is like religion to him).

We had very good, quality food, but my downfall yesterday was thinking "stuff it... I'm sick of trying hard and either not losing... or gaining... on about 1100 calories a day". And so I just ate what I wanted.

I ate one slice swiss cheese rolled with one slice salami and roasted capsicum in oil, too many sugar coated macadamias as nibbles, a small plate of roast veg (sweet potato, carrot, capsicum, one stuffed mushroom (stuffed with capsicum and topped with a little non-dairy Notzarella cheese), one slice bread, one barbecued sausage (maybe should have chosen the chop). Dessert was one profiterole, couple of Cadbury chocolates. This is what I could have eaten every day when I was in my 20s but now I have one day of a "not so drastic" blow out and here I am 59kg. Sooooo pissed off.

What did the damage yesterday (I think) was the honey sugar macadamias. I probably ate my whole day's calories just in those. Watching le tour last night I had two caramel koalas.

So yesterday, I had some junk, but one day of junk seems to have made a huge difference, especially after creeping up 100g and another 100g earlier in the week, watching my calories, exercising and being good. So unfair.

Anyway, I'm off to the nutritionist tomorrow, taking him my daily food intake records and see what he has to say.

12. WattleIdo

WattleIdo renovating Premium Member

I think I'm the biggest winner this week. Very little exercise and lots of eating. Was down to 88.3K a few days ago but up to 90K htis morning. :( A good friend of mine came to visit with hubby and kids and guess who ate all the yummy stuff? She is training for a marathon ... time for a re-think for me.
    Well done to anyone who has lost even the smallest amount or stayed the same in such a cold, wet, dark week.
    To be honest, didn't want to post this at all ...

pinkboy likes this.
  13. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Hadn't occurred to me but brilliant idea.

Until recently, technology like this wasn't possible but we're at a tipping point.

EN710 likes this.
  14. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I also didn't want to fess up this morning. I've been exercising (HIIT on an elliptical and some hand weights) and had a massage on Thursday. He asked me if I'd been exercising and said he could tell from the feel of my muscles. That was interesting. (You cannot fool an expert.)

Perthguy likes this.
  15. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

The can also tell you all the knots and the bad habit you dido_O ... I got dry needling on Saturday to relieve the pain - not ashamed to say the needle felt great...

16. Kinnon Bell

Kinnon Bell Finance Broker

@wylie and @WattleIdo, I thought I'd take one for the team for biggest gainer for the week.... Weigh in this morning was 67.4kg :oops: which goes to show how much my body hates carbs and no exercise and did all the things my body hates.

I ate reasonable for the week except for Monday, Friday and Sunday where Friday and Sunday I had big pasta meals. I'm also in the process of starting another business, and once operational will be fairly passive, but the process of getting it started has consumed a lot of my time where I've spent evenings from about 6pm to 2-3am working on it then getting up at my usual time to work in my main business which has meant not much sleep and no exercise.

Time to look after myself.... When I got dressed this morning I got dressed in my gym clothes and will make the commitment to go to the gym every second day and some kind of exercise every other day. I will have to play it by ear as far as the level of activity goes as my dodgy back is playing up at the moment so don't want to over do it. I will try to get to bed before midnight but once I'm in 'the zone' I find it difficult to stop what I'm doing.

Now excuse my while I hide in the corner and cry about my weigh in gain......

17. skater

skater Capitalist Premium Member

@wylie, @WattleIdo and @Kinnon Bell, I am sure it's just temporary. I usually weigh in on Sunday mornings. It's something I usually do, so for the sake of this exercise here, I just record my Sunday readings, as there's never much difference.

Anyway.....like you ladies, after my nasty food intake on the Saturday, when I weighed in on Sunday, I was a whopping 2kg heavier than last week. I was so embarrassed by this, I decided that I'd do my weigh in this morning instead.

Phew! What a difference a day makes! Obviously I hadn't finished processing my blow out by the Sunday morning:p. Of course, the big trek I did yesterday must have helped as well.

WattleIdo likes this.
  18. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member Business Member

Well, I forgot to weigh in this morning before heading off to the gym. Someone remind me and I'll do it tomorrow morning..

I *think* I'm around the same weight, which is sending me absolutely nuts.

I've ordered me some ready made meals, proper food (not Lite N Easy) which will come on Friday. Looking forward to that. It's marketed towards athletes and is made up mainly of lean meats and vegetables. I could do my own meal prep, but working 6 days a week, gym 4 days, running after an almost 4 year old and somewhere in there spending time with James, cleaning the house etc. I just don't want to. I'm sure I could find the time, but I'd much rather spend those 2 hours a week doing fun things.

So basically I'll be having 3 main meals a day of that, and my own snacks next week to see how I go. I spend most nights reheating dinner than James cooked earlier anyway, so won't make much of a difference there. Main difference will be breakfast and lunch, which I often skip :oops:

Perthguy likes this.
  19. jim1964

jim1964 Well-Known Member Premium Member

20. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

80.6kg - same as last week. Whoops.