Health & Family "Biggest Loser" Week 2 Weigh In

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 19th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

As long as you can get the output rate up - you should be able to do the above.

Getting used to more water and less everything else takes a bit of time...we have no soft drinks or fruit juices at all in our house - the kids ask for water when thirsty....it's just conditioning them/yourself to it.

Of course; if we do happen to buy some soft drinks for an occasion, etc - they ask for it then because they can see it in the cupboard/fridge.

Stick with it, and maybe add the odd cordial in for a bit of respite from the plain water.

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

77.3 (down 0.8 I think)
    More, more, more exercise :p
    Good eating behaviour with a 10% allowance for being naughty

Perthguy and Bayview like this.
  3. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Did not get a chance to weigh in yet, but did not hog as much as last weekend. Did not exercise either :( Continued the salads, less carbs and no sugar in tea/cofee
    Will update the weight soon

4. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I did not do well. I am up 1kg but waist is the same (a small win I guess). 98kg and 101.5cm waist. I don't like being this size. It's uncomfortable to lug around.

Good: resolving issues with my feet and commenced walking again. I had a great walk after work on Friday arvo for nearly an hour. Less snacking, more fruit, modest main meals.

To improve: eating in response to feeling tired, sick, run down, hungry. More water and green tea (no sugar or milk). Back to regular exercise. Less baked sweets.

I did a whole lot of demo on the new IP while still recovering from a cold. Left me feeling very unwell and I ate more than I should have to compensate. Hopefully I will be feeling better this week and continue to make healthier food choices.

Westminster likes this.
  5. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

We did Hello Fresh for around a year, really liked the meals and convenience. The nights when I got home late and normally couldn't be bothered cooking having all the ingredients there and the recipe was the kick I needed to make a healthy meal.

Having said the we became disappointed with missing ingredients, the quality at times and the delivery contractors were hit and miss. Customer service was really helpful when we emailed, however it didn't make up for the fall in quality and the failure to deliver the service advertised. Not sure what changed as things were great for the first six months, maybe it was just our area.

We have since switched to Pepper Leaf which is basically the same however the ingredients appear to be better quality and we have had zero problems in almost two months.

EN710 and S.T like this.
  6. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback! I only intend to give this a go as it's free for a week. My partner tried it a few weeks ago (also a freebie) and I had a few of the meals, they were yum. I'll see how it goes for this free week and will check out Pepper Leaf too. Don't think it will be something long term for me.

7. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

106.6kg

158 likes this.
  8. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

66.4kg for me this morning. I think that's +200g from last Monday. Not overly concerned as it's the wrong week for me to try to be losing..... This coming week should be decent.

Managed to get to the gym 3 times this week and went for one 7km run outside of the gym but it was the slowest I've ever run. Was wearing different shoes than what I do usually and felt like I had a lot of leg fatigue but still was a slow run :(.

Wednesday was my wedding anniversary so we went out to dinner and I over ate. Also on Sunday morning I made french toast with whipped cream and maple syrup. No guilt attached as my weekends are my less disciplined time.

EN710, Perthguy, JenW and 2 others like this.
  9. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Went for my first (ever) in 44 years, 10km run tonight. Reformed computer nerd / couch potato ( not quite true, I have done 2,494,646 steps in 10 months ).

Nevertheless, the 10km run is an achievement which I wouldn't have reached if it wasn't for this biggest loser 'challenge'. Thanks @pinkboy for motivating everyone.

image.jpeg

mrdobalina, WattleIdo, Mooze and 11 others like this.
  10. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Good job, hope you worked up to it.
    Got to avoid injury at all costs which can happen if doing too much too fast, especially as we age beyond 30 & 40.

WattleIdo likes this.
  11. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

That was a nasty gash @pinkboy - I missed the backstory. Was it an attack of the Tropical dropbears along the Bruce Hwy? [​IMG]

12. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warning. Switched to more practical shoes a couple of weeks ago. The extra cushioning made a big difference. I was using treadmill first and then doing 5km runs for the last couple of weeks to work up to this ( not that there was any specific plan ). Walking hundreds of km on several holidays in the last 10 months means my general fitness is pretty good. The longest trek being around 300 km over 18 days.

The main problem I have these days is dodgy knees when descending big hills ( I was 42kg heavier than I am now in 2007 ). In Nepal had a massive descent trekking from 3850m down to around 1100m. That was a horrible day for one of my knees. Mainly becomes a problem on bigger multi-day treks.

13. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

140.5 Another 0.4kg, so still in the right direction at least.

14. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Have to put me down as no change. I'm currently on a foodie tour in Korea, so it ain't gonna be pretty.

Marg4000, WattleIdo and 158 like this.
  15. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

78.6kg
    23.8% body fat

158 likes this.
  16. 158

158 Well-Known Member

WattleIdo likes this.
  17. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

110.0kg for me - down 0.7

Definitely have eliminated the worst of the eating - just by being aware. Not there really with the exercise and need to work on that.

One think I am doing is making sure I drink at least a glass of water before eating anything. I think it makes me eat just a little bit less.

wylie, Hodor, Westminster and 2 others like this.
  18. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

158 likes this.
  19. Mooze

Mooze Well-Known Member

73.2kg

Disappointing as ate well, did something everyday except Sunday. Saturday was an 8 hour rogaine on North stradbroke island with the kids - so carrying anywhere from 5kg (backpack with kit), to 28kg (backpack plus large toddler and extra water). Had two treats that day but both were under calorie count exerted.

This week is a write off exercise wise - toddler in quarantine so can't even get the pram out for a walk (need to keep the two kids separated). Hopefully fit something in this weekend.

158 likes this.
  20. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

@pinkboy - you missed my post yesterday! Same as last :)

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia