Health & Family "Biggest Loser" Week 1 Weigh In

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 13th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I like carrot sticks with beetroot dip, for a healthy snack. It's also great for entertaining. I buy 'Chis' dip, and the whole tub only has 130 calories, so it doesn't matter if I get carried away & eat too much.

JenW likes this.
  2. srirang

srirang Well-Known Member

97.2 KG - no change

Went for 1 more run than usual - but also ate some sugary treats.

3. 158

158 Well-Known Member

4. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Fine... 75.8 kg.
    I didn't have any food restrictions but I don't generally eat junk food anyway.
    I did at least one kind of activity every day (Tennis or 10 min fast workout using an app or 15 min of rowing or garden work). Generally I walk about 8500 steps a day.

Last edited: 14th Jun, 2016
  5. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

79.0kg

Two new batteries, didn't work yesterday and today it says low battery.

158 likes this.
  6. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

WattleIdo and Purple Patch like this.
  7. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Week 1 spreadsheet as of midday today.

Congratulations to @spludgey with this weeks greatest weight loss percentage of 3.59%. You are Week 1's'"Biggest Loser".

Special mention to @WattleIdo with a healthy loss of 2.93%. Well done this week.

Congratulations to all those who lost weight this week. You're on your way to a healthier you. As a group, we lost an average of .5kg, or 0.56% loss. So we all deserve a pat on the back.

I will continue to update the spreadsheet for the stragglers who need to enter their weigh in. Id like you all to continue to encourage each other in this thread for this week, and I will create a new weigh in thread for next Monday's weigh in.

pinkboy

Attached Files:

wylie, Lil Skater, Mooze and 5 others like this.
  8. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

Thanks pinkboy!

9. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Thanks very much for pulling it all together @pinkboy
    @spludgey - excellent work - can you please let us know what you did and didn't do last week?
    good work all participants - keep it up and let's give spludgey some serious competition this week!

10. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Thanks, the three things that I did were:
    • Exercise
    • Portion control
    • "Cheating"
    Unfortunately the "cheating" had the biggest impact and by that I mean that I went from my initial weigh in being at night to my more recent one in the morning. So I'm certainly taking the result with a grain of salt and don't really think that it's necessarily reflective. As I said, I'm happy for pinkboy to take say 2kg off my starting weight.
    But really for me it's not about beating others but meeting a goal that I set for myself, so as long as I'm on track for that, I'm happy. And I seem to be. I want to be 98kg by the end of the year and if I can do 1kg per week for the remainder of this challenge, I'll get there early.

Perthguy likes this.
  11. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

I've tried a few prepared meals providers in the past, more when I was trying to gain lean weight such as Muscle Meals Direct and My Muscle Chef, but they were frozen meals and pretty average.
    This YouFoodz is fresh, lasts about a week or just over when refrigerated and the taste is excellent, with a big menu to choose from depending on your tastes.
    I'd recommend anybody try it if it will help your situation, i.e. time poor who want's a consistent caloric intake.
    Only thing I'd question is the macro nutrient calcs, as I reckon the protein content is exaggerated.
    Most melas are stated at over 40g, but the meals are not big servings.
    I would've guessed they'd only be about 25-30g based on past experiences.

12. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Thankyou! I really like the spreadsheet. It's great to see how others are doing. Sometimes it's a bit putting off when you don't get the results you want, but seeing how other peoples results vary, I think, is a big help.

13. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I 'cheated' too - the initial weigh-in was in the evening. But no way there would be a 2 kilo difference. More like 500g - if any. Maybe a kg if you had lots of carbs.
    So portion control and exercise works -interesting.
    Agree that 1 or 2 kilos lost a week is plenty. I don't want flabby skin hanging off me.
    There were also some skinny people who lost quite a bit considering they didn't need to lose much eg @Kinnon Bell .
    What are you doing right please?

Last edited: 14th Jun, 2016
  14. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Whoopsie daisy.
    I didn't go to the gym yesterday, but I did go for a few rides.
    Will do after work.

158 likes this.
  15. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

Hello!

So I have an amendment (serves me for just guestimating because I hate scales). Last week should've been 95kgs, which is what I was on Thursday when I thought that I should actually check the thing properly.

Anyway.. This morning was 93.9kgs. So that's something? I haven't really been doing anything much different from previous weeks, in fact I ate like complete c*ap this weekend, so I'm surprised it did anything.

Still weights and cardio. I get to do legs tonight, which I LOVE. Last weeks dead lift was 115kgs, aiming for 125kgs tonight :eek: (as you can tell I'm better at that than anything else lol)

WattleIdo likes this.
  16. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

For my record my scales read my body fat at 24.0%, sure it's not a super accurate method but will give me an indication of which way I'm heading.

Looks like I needed this more than I thought. Need to get well under 20%

Bran likes this.
  17. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Skaters legs. :)

18. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

Cigarettes work a treat for taking away hunger. Zero calories!

19. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

74.5kg on the scale yesterday. Counting my calories hard these days with the myfitnesspal app. It has great food database to log your your meals. Integrates with fitbit as well and rewards you with some extra calories if you meet your activity goals for the day.

For the record, i am short so 74.5 kg is still a lot for me.

20. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Anybody willing to do a water only challenge for the 2nd week?
    That is, the only drink you can consume is plain water, nothing else, absolutely zero calorie 100% pure water.
    I reckon this would almost guarantee a drop in weight for everybody, not to mention improving health by cleansing your body, provided you are drinking daily requirements.
    I got to stop drinking coffee/tea with milk and sugar, so I'm gonna do it from now until the next weigh in.