"Biggest crash in world history" -- screening this October

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Sackie, 4th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Oh God!! I would like to sell just before the end of days, hope to avoid CGT. Do they have CGT in heaven .... or the other place?

Hamish84 and KBHV like this.
  2. LROB

LROB Well-Known Member

They'll do everything they can to avoid the meltdown. However its likely to be unavoidable unfortunately.

They'll raid Taiwan for the semi's pretty soon, if the west lets them that might stall the collapse temporarily.

3. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

I am always very suspicious when new member come on forum and making huge claims about a certain topic - almost like you are believing your own voice.
    Try your luck here - Maybe you can have believable crowd at another forum called Whirlpool.net.au

4. GreenTreeFrog

GreenTreeFrog Well-Known Member

We are getting closer to Evergrande's D-Day. October 23rd. How much could this impact our stock market?

This week the teetering Chinese property giant, Evergrande, is likely to formally default on payments on two bond issues. That might explain why China’s central bank sought to play down fears of contagion on Friday.

On September 23, Evergrande missed the interest payments on two issues of bonds (its missed more payments since) but had a 30-day grace period to make good on the payments before a formal default could be declared.

China plays down contagion fears as clock ticks on Evergrande

5. LROB

LROB Well-Known Member

Its nothing @GreenTreeFrog. Nothing to see here. A nothing burger. ;)

If evergrande does indeed default, bitcoin 1m is no longer a meme.

6. GreenTreeFrog

GreenTreeFrog Well-Known Member

How will this impact crypto? Apart from the usual volatility.

7. LROB

LROB Well-Known Member

Depends. If Tether holds billions of Evergrande papers we might see a large rush out of the stable coin and into bitcoin.

If evergrande doesn't get a CCP bail out we will see those 'tycoons' race towards bitcoin in attempt to salvage wealth.. as it turns out many are using 'underground' Methods to buy bitcoin right now.

Only way bitcoin gets shredded is if QE stops, interest rates move up, the worlds equity and asset markets are allowed to 'crater'. At that point (which is starting to look like a fair chance) the only true wealth will be; health, resources, time & the ability to sustain living. The whole 'great reset' narrative is about trapping people in debt to 'control' them. We are in some very strange times.

8. Graeme

Graeme Well-Known Member

We're at the end of October. The Dow Jones and FTSE 100 are at (or close to) 12 month highs, the DAX and ASX peaked in August, and are a touch down. Doesn't appear to be a big crash here. :D

I'm not sure if we've dodged it, though. I suspect that we'll see one eventually. There's a lot of irrational exuberance out there. Tesla at a trillion dollars, which is more than the next seven or nine motor manufacturers combined, or Rivian being valued at more than Ford or BMW despite not shipping a single vehicle yet...

craigc likes this.
  9. Gav

Gav Well-Known Member

We absolutely will. May be next month, may be 6 months , may be 10 years. Nobody knows. Get a good plan and stick to it. Know what you are going to do when it comes, it will make it so much easier to get through if you have a plan - dont be down 50% and then start wondering if you should cut your losses, add more, just bite the bullet - this is when the big mistakes are made.

10. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Looks like we missed the big crash again ..Just wait till we start to go into the above 20% swing range and your down 70 percentage and never sell..
    Just hope Mr Kiyoskis and I do enjoy reading about successful people books sales keep selling..

11. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

The whole preoccupation with the boom/crash paradigm is a massive distraction from sustainable wealth creation.

It's no wonder why wealth creation is so difficult for most. The nonsense being peddled on loud speakers is taken hook, line and sinker by so many people. If not consciously, then subconsciously which is even worse.

The forum has a couple of those folks too.

craigc, Gav and John_BridgeToBricks like this.
  13. LROB

LROB Well-Known Member

The biggest crash in the world screening this October feels about right. The markets always 'melt up' before they melt down. I am not convinced of a proper meltdown until ethereum hits $8-14k.

14. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

Oil has to get to $200 per barrel at least before the "big" crash. In the meantime, watch the 10 year yield for an uncontrolled spike.

I've said it before, but this asset price inflation (including real estate) this has a lot more runway to run.

All of that said, Sackie is right - this is all a distraction. Within your portfolio you should have inflation and deflation hedges in there, and generally if you own real estate you will be fine throughout. The reason for this, is that most economic recessions have the pain taken out on the currencies rather than nominal asset values, because noone notices the slog to your purchasing power, whereas people notice house or stock market price corrections.

15. Hari Yellina

Hari Yellina Well-Known Member

October is gone. We are in November now.

charttv likes this.
  16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Traveller99 and Gen-Y like this.
  17. jaybean

Yup it's old and I only just stumbled across it recently but wow, what a succinct way of explaining the problem we all know about negative attitudes but haven't been able to articulate as well.

WattleIdo, Gen-Y and MTR like this.
  18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of Pete W, read many of his posts here :)

19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I am a bear not now but in the next 5 years....when the tide goes out...hold onto your kippahs...stetsons...turbans....Raiders hat..etc..:D:p

LROB likes this.
  20. jaybean

Yeah but many of us will be pulling equity when the tide comes in, to prepare us for when the tide goes out. I think many investors here are going to be ready.

Some won't be, but that doesn't affect me.

Gen-Y likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia