Big block but Low Density RL02 Zone

Discussion in 'Development' started by Sydboyz, 31st Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sydboyz

Sydboyz Active Member

I am purchasing a 2000 m2 block with existing property in Ipswich. Currenlty, it is zoned as RL02 - Residential Low Density (Sub Area 2).

The suburb has new home and land packages therefore not a good time to develop. I am thinking of holding long term for possible re-zoning.

My goal is then to demolish the house and build multiple townhouses but it seems it requires RM03 Zoning.

Anyone been in similar situation and can confirm/advise?
    - what is the minimum zoning required to build townhouses?
    - applications permits on the same street mostly approved lot reconfiguration, how many subdivision lots can the land size achieve? it has 20 m frontage. I don't have a sewer diagram but found neighbour's property sewer diagrams that has my lot in the diagram and no easement running across any part of the land.
    - Living in Sydney suburb, most house with big land are eventually converted to townhouses site. I am hoping it will go down the same trend. How does council generally re-zone the land? Can I apply for rezoning the land?

2. I INVEST

I INVEST New Member

Hi. Did you manage to get any further information in the RL02 zoned block in Ipswich. I am considering this as an investment option myself?