Better late than never from Sydney.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sharky, 20th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Hi all,

I'm in my late 20s, and have been watching this property boom for a number of years. A few years ago I lost out at an action by $5,000 (winning bid was $535,000!) and thus stepped away from the property market till now.

Keen to learn as much as I can, reading this forum lately on my 1 hour train ride to and from work.

I thank this forum already for provided much needed advice so far.

-S

2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Welcome aboard :)

Shame about missing that Syd property by $5k :-(

Cheers

Jamie

Sharky likes this.
  3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Endless good info here, good way to spend spare time, lot of nice people too :)

Sharky and Darren like this.
  4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Welcome @Sharky. Now I noticed you called this thread "Better late than never." But you are only in your late 20's!
    Now, I also missed a boom, the boom around 2000. Now you know what you missed, at least you know for the next one. Continue to educate yourself!
    And try to go to the meetups. :)

Last edited: 23rd Jan, 2017
    Sharky, EN710 and Darren like this.
  5. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Without starting another thread:

I have a keen interest in a particular property in NSW, and was able to negotiate a price which both parties are happy with, however before proceeding I had a quick run through the contract (and will also run it by my solicitor) in regards to the section "Easements and Restrictions as to user intended.... Section 88B" .

My plan with this property is to erect a granny flat, in one of the lines it mentions:

"Not more than one main building shall be erected or permitted to remain on the land hereby burden and no such main building shall be used or permitted to be used other than as a single private dwelling house."

It may just be my lack of knowledge, does that refer that a granny flat can not be erected? I've spoken to a surveyor in regards to having a granny flat in general, and they mention the land size and everything will permit it.

I just wanted clarification before proceeding.

Many thanks.
    S

6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

My feeling is that a granny flat doesn't count as as main building, its always a secondary dwelling, but please check with your solicitor.

Phantom likes this.
  7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

This :)
    There's one at Wenty Leagues this Wednesday night. It's a great place to network.

That's my take as well.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.