Best way to purchase shares with small amounts monthly

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by albanga, 9th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Thanks again to everyone that has replied it has been extremely helpful.
    You have given me a path and from this I will start to research further.
    I have an accountant Neigbor that I might bring around a beer this weekend and see if I can get some advice around correct structuring.

I will no doubt be spednding a bit of time rewarding through these strange parts of the forum! Haha

2. Alex Straker

Alex Straker Financial Life Coach Business Member

@Nodrog @albanga

Hi Albanga good to meet you, "The Godfather' Noddy ;) knows me well, I am an FP. I resonate with what you are looking to achieve here and this suggestion is up to you..... but I can definitely give you a hand with structuring side if you wanted to get in touch for a chat. Happy to show you how to make the structure simple and minimize accounting fees in future with consolidated reporting plus open up your access to the kind of funds you want at wholesale rates without the 100k minimums). Lots of other stuff we could chat about too, depends how sophisticated or simple you want things to be, I like simple BTW :)

Can also run some projected scenarios for you for bench marking long term goals. Be great to chat sometime.

No advice

Ynot, MoneyMan and albanga like this.
  3. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

I think people are getting confused with my nicknames. It should be The GrogFather, not GodFather.

The poor guy will end up like frank by the time he finishes wading through everything here ie totally confused.

Given @albanga ’s desire for debt recycling and a more automated approach not to mention a heap of other things that need sorting out even before considering what to buy a chat with you seems very sensible.

Ynot, Silverson, Ben_j and 3 others like this.
  4. Alex Straker

Yeh exactly :) Was just chatting with @Frank Manno yesterday (disclosure: Frank is a client and is happy to openly disclose that here & chat with people about my services), I know Frank will be the first to agree he is still working his way out of the 'fog of information overload'. We are having many ongoing discussions about the implications of doing things a certain way, possible tweaks to portfolio, cash flow, etc and I am pleased we are because it helps to clarify what I would call the right principles of thinking as well as many details of practical money & portfolio management for Frank each time we touch base and discuss the plan and structure.

Just recently we worked out he has saved in the order of 250+k (more close to 300k) in portfolio draw down by following our guidance and holding back from taking the full plunge with his capital when the market was above 6,100. It's been fun picking off the cheap stuff for him so far and we are continuing this process of seeking low cost entries for many clients including Frank at the moment. Getting plenty more shares for the money this way :)

Note:
    yes I know it sounds bizarre but it's true, I am an FP that understands and cares about market timing for clients and acknowledges the importance of sequencing risk. The old adage preached by many FP's: 'Don't try and time the market' is plain stupidity especially when significant capital is involved and this silly line is driven by a need to sell enough product to meet a target IMHO. You wouldn't just buy a property at any old price, why do it for shares? People are waking up to this thankfully. There are plenty of strategies to minimize timing (or sequencing) risk. As many PC devotees know, we also provide proprietary market research and commentary on an ongoing basis (weekly updates) to assist clients with understanding if markets are over or under valued, sector rotations and information on finding good entry points.

MoneyMan, sharon, turk and 3 others like this.
  5. Cityman

Cityman Well-Known Member

Cant agree more with that Alex. Understanding the market cycle is critical and I have no idea why people ignore it totally.

I follow a blog from an American, and he has a similar themed take on this he calls counter-cyclical investing.

Butterfly88 likes this.
  6. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

@Alex Straker thanks the offer!
    I’m off to Bali in 2 weeks so When I get back I will definitely take you up on that offer!

My true passion is property and I’m still pretty keen to tackle another development this year but will be great to understand how shares can form part of my longterm strategy. I’m happy to be active with property and passive with sharemarket.

Alex Straker likes this.
  7. Alex Straker

Fantastic, enjoy Bali!!

8. Jamesaurus

Jamesaurus Well-Known Member

Really loving the shares threads- if you have BPAY for the wholesale fund does that mean your not paying brokerage each time you top up parcels of more shares?

oracle likes this.
  9. oracle

oracle Well-Known Member

Yes

There is no intraday price fluctuations. Just end of day closing price that you pay which should be equal to NTA. There may be a small buy/sell spread. Just double check it.

Cheers,
    Oracle.

10. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Only been to Bali once, made me ashamed to be Australian, so many yobbos around acting like fwits

Snowball, sharon and SatayKing like this.