QLD Best way to find prices of all sales in a suburb for last 1-2 years?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by d3outguncom, 7th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. d3outguncom

d3outguncom Well-Known Member

Service to buy list of all sold property prices in a suburb within last 1-2 years?

Is there a service provider who will provide a list of all properties sold and prices in last 1-2 years? I've had a real estate agent produce one for me years ago, and would like to do it again in my shortlisted area. I can put it together manually looking individually at sold properties on realestate.com.au, but there has to be someone selling the list as a service.

Thanks,
    D3

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

If the market is moving up tho, what does a 2 year old price tell you?

3. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

house.ksou.cn/

4. MelindaJennison

MelindaJennison Brisbane Buyer's Agent & QPIA Business Member

RP Data - paid subscription

5. d3outguncom

Soooooooooo, does that mean you have a way to get 1yr results?

6. d3outguncom

Thanks @costanza , it looks like it's a list on the page. Do you know if it's possible to extract it or export the results into a list or spreadhseet?

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Qld Globe may have the sales on their website.

8. db9

db9 Well-Known Member

RP data has a month ‘investor’ pre-paid plan for about $200. Probably could be worth it even if it’s just to download your suburb list once :)

9. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Don't think so unfortunately. You could write a script to web scrape if really keen

10. swaugh

swaugh Active Member

My 2 cents.

If you want to shortlist suburbs I would recommend Jeremy Sheppard’s DSR data+. It’s awesome! The pro version costs around $270/month. The basic version costs lesser. You will get 3-4 years of historical data all at one place using the suburb analyser tool. DSR for suburbs is available for free for all suburbs in InvestmentProperty Magazine website but this is the basic version of DSR. Also, getting DSR scores for each suburb is a manual process.

If you want to analyze data at a suburb level and if you are looking for something free then the suburb profile data on Domain is very useful. It provides info on the OO/Renter ratios (based on ABS census 2016 data) and basic demographics. Look for the section under Market trends in that page. It gives a pretty good overview on sales and prices in the last 5 years.
    https://www.domain.com.au/suburb-profile/balwyn-vic-3103

It also lists properties that were recently sold and about to be sold at the bottom of the page.

If you want to know more about a street in the suburb you have shortlisted goto Microburbs (it’s free!) website and enter the address of the property. It provides granular data and heat maps on demographics, occupations, income, OO/renter ratios, weekly rent, % public housing etc. Again a very useful tool. Also, use the street views to get a sense of the properties and the roads.

If you need the underlying raw data then you may have to purchase this from CoreLogic. You can also try propertyvalue.com.au which I guess is their product but you need to pay for it.

Also check for flood zones and bush fire prone areas.

Hope this is helpful.

Good luck!

Padron and craigc like this.
  11. d3outguncom

Thanks @swaugh , these are all great sites, have looked through them to get to where we are in having shortlisted 2 suburbs we are looking to buy in. This is to get all sales data in those suburbs for the last 12 months so that when we are making offers, we have all comparable sales to refer to.

swaugh likes this.
  12. swaugh

swaugh Active Member

Got it. If you want to estimate the price of property by looking at comparable sales in that suburb, best to consider sales data for similar configs you are interested in (eg. 4BR,2B with certain land area) in the last 6 to 8 weeks (of course you should also look at other things such as recent renovations etc.). Try to contact the agents and ask them what the properties currently under offer got sold for (i.e. within the advertised range or X % above range) . If you are considering to invest in a hot market things can change quickly within weeks! All the best!

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.