Best way to find nominee for Nomination sale

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Gel G., 25th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gel G.

Gel G. New Member

Hi, I have purchased a land in Mt. Atkinson Truganina which is yet to be settled/ land title to be released in May-Jun 2020. Due to changed in circumstances, I have decided to not push through with the purchase however I cannot find a nominee. What is the best option to do? Settlement is fast approaching. What are the implications and costs if I settle the land and sell it after it has been titled?

Is it possible to sell/nominate my land to builders?

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

No. Not if you settle which seems the issue. And then consider the reasons for sale. GST may or may not factor in. Tax will, And maybe not CGT. I get the impression you wanted to profit from resale. You may have what I call a "dead loss". The loss is just disregarded for tax purposes.

3. Gel G.

Gel G. New Member

Thanks @Paul@PFI Basically I just wanted to get rid of the land at minimum loss. I did not want to profit for the resale. I’m looking for a way out of the contract. What are the taxes that I may pay if I sell? A newbie here

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

You will need to find a buyer to onsell it, or speak to a lawyer about trying to terminate the contract and/or what you will lose if you fail to complete.

Taxes if you sell will be stamp duty and either CGT or income tax, possibly GST

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia