Best super fund?

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by AdamPineapples, 7th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AdamPineapples

AdamPineapples Well-Known Member

I was thinking about different super funds. I was thinking about contributing to my super every week.

I am with hostplus and think Rest aswell. One of which is from my old job.

I was wondering what people's opinions was about different supers? What will brim the best return over a long amount of time?

2. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

The one with the lowest fees.

3. VB King

VB King Well-Known Member

Australian super. Member direct, buy up blue chip Aussie shares with good yield. Cut out the fund manager who makes a percentage ... You don't give anybody a percentage on your IPs so why would you on super?
    And the franking credits are yours.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Use a site like superratings to guide you in making a decision.

5. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

Ideally they will let you load up on ETFs and LICs, but last time I checked (before I started SMSF a couple of years ago) Australiansuper didn't allow this, was direct stocks only and then only 50% of total portfolio size. Regardless, the Australiansuper product is cheap, and of a good standard.

6. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Australian Super.

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Roll your super into one fund to minimise fees, charges and insurance costs.

Check out superratings to see how the funds compare.

You say that you want to contribute weekly, is this going to be via salary sacrifice or out of your savings? (Sunsuper website has a calculator for achieving the best balance between pre & post tax contributions).

8. Waterboy

Waterboy Well-Known Member

I believe your super performance will more significantly be influenced by your asset allocation rather than which super company is administering the fund. Although of course it's important to pay attention to the fees involved.

Last year, I have lost confidence in Australian shares. So all of my super was allocated to international shares. It was the best decision ever -- not only did the AUD drop, US and other developed markets have outperformed ASX shares in non-currency adjusted terms.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia