Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Best strikers Aussie football has ever had !!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by See Change, 23rd Jun, 2015.

1. See Change

See Change Timing Lord Premium Member

Tim Cahill ?
    Harry Kewell ?

Maybe Mark Viduka ?

NAH ..... Lisa da Vanna and Sydney FC's own Kyah Simon

Currently matching it with the best in the world , Putting Australia through to their first ever senior World Cup quarter final .

Lisa da Vanna and Kyah Simon in the last two games have knocked out two of the favourites for the current women's World Cup , getting out of the " group of death " and knocking out Brazil to progress to the quarters .

The goals I've seen by Da Vanna have been some of the most clinical finishing I've seen on a football field with Da Vanna now leading the field in terms of the most goals scored by an Australian in World Cup finals . Like Tim Cahill she has also scored in three consecutive World Cup but leads timmy in goals scored .

Very high level , entertaining football without some of the histrionics that some men put into the game .

Will they make it the whole way ?

Here's hoping .

Cliff

2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Hi Cliff

Good post - they deserve so much more recognition. What they've achieved has been amazing - very proud of them.

If they can beat Brazil - I can't see why they couldn't go the whole way.

Cheers

Jamie

3. kamchatsky

kamchatsky Well-Known Member

It really is a shame that women's sports are underrated and underpaid, relative to the men's sportsman. They have done well with the limited resources and times.

Jamie Moore likes this.
  4. Wandercro

Wandercro Active Member

Statistically probably Archie Thomson, 13 in one game! I think it's still a world record.

Have a soft spot for Viduka, but overall I'd say Cahill in the modern era. All time legend would have to be Johnny Warren.

The girls are going great in Canada. Early morning rise on Sunday for the game against Japan.

Go Matildas.

Jamie Moore likes this.
  5. K_Point

K_Point Member

The girls did a great job in Canada. Unfortunately against Japan they Just looked a bit off their best but they did the country proud.

Viduka was great, but for me Cahill. Seems to have had the ability to score the when it counts. The 2 goals against Japan in Germany and many times for Everton. I was behind the goal in Brisbane when he scored the 2 against S Korea early this year. Exciting stuff.

6. KDP

KDP Well-Known Member

Tony Lockett surely.

S.T likes this.
  7. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

yep, Lockett is my choice too. The guy was very accurate.

8. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Tim Cahill first daylight second for longevity, toughness, achieving a high standard in the EPL and for his WC efforts in a pretty weak team by international standards.