Best Sales Agent in Campbelltown Area (Seeking recomendations for various other things)

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by L3ha7, 3rd Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Hello PC Users,

Happy New Year.

Sydney market is slowing down but it is still an interesting marketspace.

I have never sold a property and just want to get few pointers before initiating the process.

1. Choosing a Sales Agent:-
    • How do one should select a selling agent? -My understsnding is based on selling agent's track record(duration takes to sell, also what kind of properties (vila, unit, house or acerage) he/she has been selling. (Please advise if anything else I should be considering).
    • Fees-Value for money (find out the market average and based on that compare what is being offered)
    • Marketing Strategy-How (Method), Who (Target Market) and When (Rimw to advertise, open home etc)
    • Overall Process-Property has tenants so the coordination of inspection is crucial followed by executing the final settlement in association with conveyancer/solicitor.
    2. Selecting a Conveyancer or Lawyer/Solicitor? - Please recommend

3. Anything else I need to know or include in the end to end selling process.

I will also touch base with the current property manager to find out their offer and if current tenant is interested to buy.

Many thanks in advance.

2. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Hi, is there any takers to guide me or provide their opinions?

Or Have I mentioned something that is spooky?

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Better off kicking tenants out before selling. Allows you do some quick clean up or larger renos to maximize selling price

Most people want a place they can move into, and that drives emotion and emotion drives prices.

People also act differently when they are being "interviewed for a job". So I would suggest going to a few open houses in the area and pretending to be a buyer and see how they interact with you.

4. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

@neK -thanks for taking the lead.

Will discuss these options with Mrs too but without any confurmation of sales kicking tenants out-is it a good move when do not know the vacancy period?

5. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I'm not following you. What do you mean by good move when do not know the vacancy period?

In NSW you can kick the tenant out when their lease expires. If it's an expired lease and they are going month to month, then it's 90 days notice period I believe.

6. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Loss of rent until it sells. Yes its a risk, but more demand from owner occupiers.

7. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Agreed. Say a property rents for $500 per week, even at 4 months vacant ($8,666), if you can get $10k more it's worth it.

L3ha7 likes this.
  8. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

I meant - without knowing how long it is going to take to sell is it worth licking the tenants out.

9. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Usually having a tenant in there makes it harder to sell.
    A potential buyer may only be available at a certain period.
    If the agent can't show a potential buyer in as its "not a suitable time" for the tenant, that potential buyer might go elsewhere.
    Whereas if its empty, you eliminate that risk.

10. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Lease has expired but will confirm the notice period for month to month arrangement.

Any recommendation for the Sales Agent???

11. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Thanks @Trainee

12. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

I use Harcourts In Campbelltown
    Good agency if You Pm your details I Can on forward to principal.
    From what I understand wife runs property management husband sales.
    Large office but the best service I have had in SW Sydney in many years.I think its due to owners working within the business.

13. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

thanks @Illusivedreams , I was having a look at RE website and Ray White and Harcourts both had fair bit of listings.