QLD Best investment below 500k? High CF and CG.

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Live life, 2nd Jul, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Live life

Live life Well-Known Member

Looking at Perth, places like Rockingham or Logan area. Daisy hill seems to do well. I'll have a budget of 650k. But really only want to spend 500k.

Ive done so much research and my brains getting fried ATM. I live in Ipswich and perfect world I live near my investment. But understand being open to interstate.

Thoughts on my budget?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. Sam123456

Sam123456 Well-Known Member

High CF and CG are the dream but you might want to say how important cash flow is eg if it has to be cashflow positive on a PI loan at 5%, then that'll help narrow the options.

The general consensus on these forums seems to be to either keep your powder dry, invest in Perth or invest in some qld regions or selectively in SEQ.

I would say that there are regions in qld with very little downside risk to your capital and good yield. Perhaps better CG prospects in Perth. What is your risk tolerance?

Perth seems more likely to grow but there are quite a few of the smaller mining operations that are stopping production and going back to exploration until either costs come down or the commodity prices rise. I THINK Perth will be ok even if iron ore tumbles simply because of the housing undersupply and interstate migration but neither of those are CERTAIN.

Simply out of caution I'd vote for waiting to invest, followed by qld regions with diversified workforces that haven't already gone up 30%. The drive from Ipswich to Rockhampton is not that unpleasant, just a pity you can no longer tax deduct visits to your IP :)

3. Live life

Live life Well-Known Member

Right now more CF on IO loan. CF would be a bonus.

I saw Ridgewood WA houses. Wow beautiful. Bur I see away from everything. But the houses are nice.

4. Nathan Prasad

Nathan Prasad Well-Known Member Business Member

I specialize in the Brisbane Region, I would say you could look across some pockets in Logan and Ipswich. I personally reach out to property managers to source off-market deals. That is where you could potentially get a 4 bed 2 bath for $500k ($50k) below market value and have it rent for $500 per week. That is a simple and straightforward strategy that will help you build equity and cash flow.

5. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

Ipswich. Raceview, Flinders View, Yamanto. 4/2/2.

6. DavidDavid

DavidDavid Well-Known Member

Keep in mind the Coomera Connector. The new highway the government is going to build from south Gold Coast up to Loganholme and possibly Brisbane in the near future. Already properties along the route have seen massive increase in interest from buyers and increase in value.
    Logan in the near future is going to benefit big time from this new highway.

This is the link:
    Coomera Connector