Best cleaner for wooden floors?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Propin, 5th Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I’ve heard vinegar and water isn’t good for cleaning wooden floors as vinegar eats into varnish, water with a dash of antiseptic is good, not sure if this product protects? What is the best method?

Attached Files:

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

We always used metho and water as the metho helped it dry quicker and leave less streaks.

Propin likes this.
  4. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Depends on the sealer - an estapol type finish can take vinegar, metho etc. but the low sheen satin finishes only a well wrung out mop and soap and water

Propin likes this.
  5. DoubleD

DoubleD Well-Known Member

Perthguy and Propin like this.
  6. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I've been using a product I found that pretty much replaces all my cleaning products (showers, floors, glass, basins, ovens etc). It has around 1% Potassium hydroxide as active ingredient. I bought it under the name ekoWorx but the name is being changed to Koh (which I've just learned is the name of the Formula for Potassium hydroxide).

If you google Koh or ekoWorx you'll find it. I've found it very good, and I use their mop with sprayer attached (can buy similar mop elsewhere) and their mop pad, microfibre cloths etc.

So I never use a wet mop any more. Just the spray as you go mop and this product.

I'm converted.

Propin likes this.
  7. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

They are the type that come pre-varnished. So I’m guessing that would be estapol. One area I’m particiluraly seeing splitting, wear, etc is in front of the fridge. It’s not one particular floorboard, a few different ones so not a fault. Is there any way to lessen the wear? Rest of house is fine. I’m guessing a fridge/heat/cool issue with a plastic type finish? Can it be protected from further damage? one bedroom was done in low sheen, rest of the house in a higher gloss.

Attached Files:

8. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

9. freyja

freyja Well-Known Member

I swear by Enjo. It's expensive to get started but it lasts for years and is the cleanest I could even get my timber floors - and you only use water!

Propin likes this.
  10. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I've just used a water plus a small cap of sugar soap and a small cap of dettol, not sure if it's doing any harm, but so far so good.

11. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

This one swears like a trooper

[​IMG]

DoubleD likes this.
  12. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Thanks Wyllie. Is it good for cleaning shower tiles, shower glass and grout?

13. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I’ve found it good for everything. No smell. Safe. If you google the company you can see clips that show what this cleaner can do.

Propin likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.