QLD Best Brisbane LMR suburbs

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by dominican, 13th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dominican

dominican Active Member

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy my next property.

As part of my strategy, I am in the position to use some of my equity to buy an IP in an LMR zone to build some units later.

What are the best cheap LMR suburbs in Brisbane?

I am aware of Zilmere and Mooroka only...

Thank you

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

On the inner southside,try from west end which is on the high end of the price range ,then out to rocklea on the very low range..imho..

3. Rolo

Rolo Well-Known Member

i like Moorooka, have one LMR property there.

4. jefn89

jefn89 Well-Known Member

Have bought a townhouse in Zillmere nearly 3 years ago now @334K, rents for $350 per week, has only been vacant for 2 - 4 weeks and yield is great.
    The kicker though is that there's been little to no capital growth so if you're going to buy in the areas you're mentioning would likely want to research on houses with future development potential.. All the best with finding it and get on the ground/understand from local estate agents what's popular and selling well to give yourself the best chance of seeing capital growth depending on your circumstances i.e. if you're looking for capital growth and/or cash flow, they aren't mutually exclusive :)

TapTap likes this.
  5. JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Zillmere is the main one if you are looking for cheap, however it is definitely a low socio-economic area.

Northgate/Nundah is higher in price but far more appealing to me given they are much better areas.

Chermside could be an option if you want to build units later and not in the current market. Sites are getting more affordable given the tough selling conditions for new units at the moment.