Best ' Basic rate ' (investment loan)

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Bunlee, 19th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bunlee

Bunlee Well-Known Member

Hi all

I have been doing a little research on the best basic rate product on the market. Down the track, after a fixed loan expires I expect this will be the way for me to go

Interest only is attractive to me and I have been using it for quite a while. However, with the differential in interest rates between IO and P&I likely to be more significant in the future, I would rather use P&I and pay the loan down than pass the excess to the bank in the form of a higher rate.

One thing that I have learned during my time on PC is that I will be using a broker for all loans in the future

The best one I have found in my research has been the State Custodians (low rate loan) with a valuation fee of $286 at 3.89% with an Offset a/c.

I am currently with SGB so I would not qualify for their 4.39% offer for new business (no fees but also NO offset).

Also looked at Bank of QLD (4.09%) and ME Bank (4.24%) but they have varying level of fees and costs. No offset available with these two.

I don't know much about State Custodians but they look o'k at first blush.

I am not a sophisticated investor but looking for a low rate, no gouging and reliable product for the future. I do not expect to be buying additional property but if so, only 1 more in the future in the right circumstances so my choice of provider is not based on parlaying too much further borrowing.

I suppose the question I am putting out there would be as to the best 'Basic rate ' and overall provider out there on the market for an LVR well under 80%. An offset would be very nice but not essential.

Regardless, I will be using a broker. The last question would be whether brokers would do an even better deal with say, State Custodian or SGB.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Best to all

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

id suggest you sound like you may be well served with afixed rate portion rather than looking to chase just "rate "

"BEST" is very subjective and relevant to personal circumstances, risk profile, goals and resources

ta

rolf