VIC Berwick Melbourne

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Kushanda, 7th Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kushanda

Kushanda Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    What do you think of Berwick as a surbub? Is it a good place to raise kids? Are the schools good (take off Haileybury& Nossal High schoo)? Is there a lot of crimes?
    I am in a position to sell my IP in Berwick and buy somewhere else like Rowville. Only that I will have more debt?
    Which area will have more CG?
    Is it worth it? Both partner and I work in the city.
    TIA

2. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!

That's several questions right there. No one knows where there'd be more CG, personally I think Rowville is closer to places like Wheelers Hill and surrounds and would benefit from the ripple effect.

Do you live in Berwick too? Is that why you're asking about crime and schools there? Why sell in Berwick, why buy in Rowville? I suggest you break your post down into smaller topics which might elicit other members to actually respond and give you some advice. No one knows your goals either. It's akin to asking someone hey how long would it take to get to Sydney from Melbourne, without telling them whether you'd be driving, flying, peddling or taking a bob sled all the way etc ;)

Above all, have you DYoR?

3. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I would think Rowville will give you a better chance of CG as there would be more demand as it is closer in to the city plus closer to Dandenong.

To me I don't actually think Berwick is part of Melbourne to me Melbourne ends at Dandenong (maybe Narre Warren) - I would struggle to live past Dandenong and work in the city.

4. propertylover12

propertylover12 New Member

I have a close friend who is moving to over to the U.K and is looking to off load his house. he wants to aviod using agents to save on costs and possibly leave a bit more room for negotiation.
    The house is a 3 bed room 2 bath room located in Rowville its a fantastic location 35km south east from Melbourne.
    Easy access to the major road arterials (Monash & Eastlink) with Melbournes biggest shopping centres Chadstone (20min) and Knox city (15min) only a short drive away.
    Its currently being tenant out on a 12 month lease for $410 a week until September

The owner is looking around the 730,000 to 750,000 but is desperate to sell and is open to negotiate.

thanks