QLD Bernard Salt - Sunshine Coast

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by MJS1034, 16th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

Bernard Salts big call on the Sunshine Coast.

Totally agree with everything Bernard has said in this article. Can Sunshine Coast be considered a decent option to invest in?

I have heard many "experts" predict lifestyle locations set to dominate future growth over the next 5 year and with many multi national businesses allowing employees to work from home and even interstate could that have less of an importance on buying close to CBD.

Checkout the article below! Pretty exciting times imo

Coast in 2040: Hipsters, entrepreneurs, technology

2. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

It's a great vision, I hope they can make it work. I used to love the Sunny Coast when I was a teen, but when I last visited about 5 years ago I was shocked at how little it had progressed, it seemed tired and lifeless..

MJS1034 likes this.
  3. MJS1034

You should go check it out these days. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. About time though!

4. big max

big max Well-Known Member

I agree with everything Salt has written.

I also agree @Phase2 that the Sunshine Coast sleepy and lifeless (which by the way is how many of the current residents like it)! But yes, it will change.

Now I have to add take the predictions for Sunshine Coast and add steroids and you get a similar but much more intense effect happening on the Gold Coast which will be bigger better faster etc on almost all metrics. But yes over time we will see more oldies, young families and people who consider the Gold Coast "too fast" moving up to settle in Sunshine Coast.

From a tourism perspective, again whilst it's not a competition Sunshine will never come anywhere close the what the vision now being realised with the international transformation of the Gold Coast. But the tourist pie is big and both regions can benefit and offer something unique. In terms of pure investment play, both in the short term and the long term I would be way more focussed on Gold Coast. But if Sunshine I would be focussed on ocean views, or buying larger blocks with future potential for subdivision.

ndpjai and MJS1034 like this.
  5. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Y
    Agree, I like the potential for both, but the North's vision is going to take a little longer to play out I think. Immediate prospects are better on GC, I'm liking Nerang and neighboring hillside 'burbs. <15mins to Southport, Surfers, or Robina (for shops).

big max likes this.
  6. MJS1034

My only issue with the Gold Coast is that there seems to be a lot of talk mainly from investors buying on the Goldy because of the Comm games. Once the Comm games finishes then what?

Sunshine Coasts recent price growth seems to be driven mainly from owner occupiers which hopefully means a more long term sustainable growth than a market driven by investors.

Sunshine Coast will always be Gold Coasts little brother but I certainly know where I'd prefer to live.

Toon and Sonamic like this.
  7. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Awesome view points - love him

MJS1034 likes this.