Beresfield (Newy-Maitland)and Surrounds VS Moreton Bay Sub $400,000

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by YoungBull, 4th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. YoungBull

YoungBull Well-Known Member

Just seeing if anyone on the ground sees Beresfield, Woodberry and Thornton ect as an good investment in todays market and moving forward.. They have seen great growth in the past couple of years and i'm concerned I may be to late from a capital growth perspective. There seems to be a lot of focus and spending into this region which is a positive. Im not sure being a more affordable area that young families being priced out of the Newcastle market would consider this area or the stigma is so entrenched to still deter them .I'm in only early stages of looking but yields are good and there is potential for small development blocks for future realisation. I am after something that would hopefully have some decent capital growth to leverage off into the next while still holding a decent yield. I already have a couple of good ones in Logan so next play i'm looking at this region or going into the QLD market again but this time North of Brissie in the Moreton Bay council area.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

2. Matthew D

Matthew D Well-Known Member

I purchased in Metford early 2017 for 350k and i got to say, timing is everything.
    Desktop val 410k in mid 2018. The renovated Stocklands shopping centre 5 mins away would've contributed to this growth.
    Took me less than 2 weeks to get tenants and the tenants moved from Sydney.

I haven't had my eye on the Maitland/Newcastle market recently so wouldn't be able to comment on future growth.

Would it be a good investment in today's market? No idea
    Though I would say it was a good investment when i purchased in 2017.

Moreton Bay region looks very tempting to me.

YoungBull likes this.
  3. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

I too looked at bero and maitland when i was a young bull like yourself. Looking back now extremely happy i didnt buy anything there.

Propertunity and YoungBull like this.
  4. mtooler

mtooler Well-Known Member

500 million spent on greenhills is boosting up prices now. New hospital will have anoth 500 odd million spent in maitland near metford and due for completion in 2022 odd so continued price growth for some time. We're relocating to Darwin, own a home near greenhills and have no thoughts of selling it.