Health & Family Benefits of Removing Amalgam (Metal / Mercury) Fillings

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Orion, 20th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

The first thing many books on longevity I've read say is to get your metal fillings replaced.

I know most doctors will recommend 'if there are no issues, just leave them', although I'd like to hear more from anyone who has had this done.

The one person I do know swears by it - he says his energy levels, mood, headaches, etc etc have all greatly improved, but that's just one guy.

Has anyone had this done and what (if any) benefits did you experience?

Thanks!

2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

3. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Did you send the right link? "

Objectives

To evaluate the effects of replacing (with amalgam) versus repair (with amalgam) in the management of defective amalgam dental restorations in permanent molar and premolar teeth."

I'm interested in the benefits of not having mercury in your mouth... i.e. the full removal of the metal.

4. SatayKing

Yes. Amalgam is an alloy containing mercury.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I only replace fillings when they fail, the risk being that the tooth may crack and need major intervention.

6. SatayKing

I get your concerns. For sure, it isn't wise to swallow mercury. But think of this.

How much mercury is necessary in your system in order to kill you?

In comparison, how much total mercury would an amalgam filling leach over many years?

How many people have had a filling come out, swallowed it, subsequently excreted it and have lived to tell the tale many years after the event?

What impact has the placebo effect had on those who claim it's a "miracle?"

7. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I had mine replaced ages ago. Just so happened they needed replacement anyway - some of them weren't put in well at all.
    Yes it feels better. Not so heavy - no joke.

Orion likes this.
  8. Natascha

Natascha Active Member

you have to find a dentist who does it safely. There is some kind of protocol that needs to be followed. Otherwise concentration of mercury is at its highest following removal and poses more of a health risk than leaving the amalgam filling untouched. I had one of these fillings which my doctor removed. No complaints either before or after.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia