Being Libertarian..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 25th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

With all the disunity within the world ,Clint seems explain the way it works in very simple ways..

2. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

I find the concept of libertarianism to be quite interesting.

The big issue for me is that I believe that if you wish to participate in a community, that comes with both rights and responsibilities. Libertarians usually focus on the rights, and dont offer much on the responsibilities. I mean sure, they may say if they want to contribute to a charity or social welfare, they can choose to (and choose where their welfare goes), but at some point, an individual is not in the position of having all the information available to decide the best/most cost effective use of their donations (or social welfare if you will). But those same libertarians benefit from the contributions of the community...

Cheers,
    Inertia.

Guest and willair like this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Ah - yes - but do not confuse libertarian-ism (extreme) with being liberal (moderate) and social liberalism (freedom of choice and equality)

libertarianism | Definition, Doctrines, History, & Facts
    Libertarianism, political philosophy that takes individual liberty to be the primary political value ... (the ability to pursue one’s own conception of happiness, or the “good life”).

liberal | Definition of liberal in English by Oxford Dictionaries
    Willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.

Social liberalism - Wikipedia
    Social liberalism (also known as modern liberalism)[1] is a political ideology and a variety of liberalism that endorses a market economy and the expansion of civil and political rights while also believing that the legitimate role of the government includes addressing economic and social issues such as poverty, health care and education

inertia likes this.