Becoming a buyer's agent

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by chunho01, 4th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

So does everyone who changes career. It is never a good time. :)

Same things apply. I don't think it will work. What happens when your clients from the weekend turns up on Tuesday to make an offer, sign a contract and want a quick 2nd look at the property?

2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Agree wholeheartedly with Alan here, and we should know :D
    This is our 10th year in business as buyers agents and it's still a highly rare Saturday that is free. As business owner I now take on very few clients however even then I seem to be at auctions, client appointments and various inspections on most weekends. You simply cannot do this nor sales part time- it's the wrong industry.

I would suggest, if you are really keen, to get a job in an agency as a PA or research assistant and take it from there. Best of luck!

3. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

Awesome thread! being in europe for the past month has given me plenty of time whilst waiting in lines to think about a new career move.

I would love to hear your background stories before you started your buyers agencies?

How many years do you think would be adequate in the real-estate sales industry before making a
    move?

Did you first work for a buyers agencies?

Did you do any business courses before starting your own company?