Beacon lighting

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Sackie, 13th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Beacon lighting over the past few months have introduced a 'Lighting Consult' where for $100 you bring your plans and they will go over it and recommend lighting options for rooms, placements, décor match etc etc. If you end up getting the lighting from them, they will put the $100 towards your purchase. I sat down with them today for 1.5 hours and they were pretty good I must say. Worth the $100 even if I don't end up getting the lighting from them.

Gockie, Perthguy, Lacrim and 6 others like this.
  2. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Sounds nice, i'll definitely keep it in mind.

3. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Beacon lighting is our supplier for new homes and we LOVE their lighting consultations!

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Disappointed I thought that said bacon lighting

hammer likes this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I googled it before posting to avoid a silly mistake like that. :p

Btw I really need to get my act together and pay the $99 to get my posting privileges back! I keep my wallet in my car... so when I am at home I am lazy to go to my car to get my wallet.. I have to remember to take my wallet in with me tonight!

6. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good service although I have had issues with their products - shoddy quality especially since the items weren't particularly cheap

charlie01 likes this.
  7. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

Please tell me how they helped you?

All they are a sales people... i seen some of the advice they gave in the block and it was not very good.

A good electrician would be alot cluer than the sales lady at beacon to sit down with and have a chat.

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

They helped me with ideas, number of lights needed, style to fit my overall décor, took into account natural lighting, consider space, ceiling height, ambience etc. I found my session worthwhile.

Lighting Consultation Service

9. vivienne Halliday

vivienne Halliday Active Member

does anyone have a contact at Beacon Lighting?

10. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Recently had a Beacon Lighting consultant attend my PPOR for some advice on lights. Received a quote of $2250 for the whole place (2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms). I think I can substantially reduce the quote amount due to taking out fan/lights and asking for a discount.

11. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

I had a Beacon lighting consultant visit my home, nice guy but utterly useless. Bought my lighting from them but chose all myself ...

Tom Rivera, neK and Gladys like this.
  12. charlie01

charlie01 Well-Known Member

I agree, shoddy quality and cannot get replacement.

13. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

I think it’s like everything if they are a sales consultant acting as a lighting advisor / consultant then they may know the product but not style or placement.

If they have a background in interior design or renovation experience or even just experience at looking at electrical plans they may have some good ideas.

It’s always worth asking what their experience/ background is and if they don’t ask questions about the style you are going for or what fixtures or furniture you have or are planning to buy along with room use and family make up then I would find another.

We have used a interior designer for our current Reno and her price has been offset by the discounts we received, the time saving and reduce stress by working within our budget has been invaluable to us as a working couple running a business and 3 kids.

14. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

I have bought many lights from. BEACON .

Although they are becoming very expensive

We bought a floor lamp for $700 I later saw in another shop for $300. Was a bit heartbroken

On a. Funny note...

Bunnings lighting range is really improving And prices are sharp and so is quality Also many. Known brands like hpm, Philips So no issues.

Tom Rivera and wylie like this.
  15. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Update: Managed to reduce my quote of $2250 for all light changes down to $1350. Of course still need to pay an electrician to install the lights now.

16. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Wil they help me buy their lights off gumtree? I have had some great wins this year with gumtree and market place:cool: