Be aware! Try not to pay upfront when hire machine

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by live-in-upwey, 23rd Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. live-in-upwey

live-in-upwey Member

I hv hired a wood chipper from http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html… for a day and I paid him $300 in total.
    I hv used it for less than 3 hrs then turned it off to hv lunch break but after that it couldn't turn back on again. So I couldn't use it after that called the machine owner (Tom/Thomas Doake) about it. He came to collect the machine then agreed to lend it back to me for another whole day without extra charge. He then kept delay/postpone to loan me the machine. So I asked for $180 refund but he texted me that he'd hv tranferred it some time ago but kept ignoring.

i know it' not much but I dont think I shouldn't do anything.

Here's his company detail:
    Td Equipment - Plant Hire Machinery Listed On iSeekplant.com.au

So try not to pay him anything upfront.

2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused by the post.

Has he refunded part of your money or are you saying he is refusing both a refund and refusing to provide the chipper for anther day?

If the latter, I suggest you contact consumer.vic as the equipment was faulty so he needs to come to an agreement with you. Goods have to be fit for purpose and the chipper clearly wasn't.