Bathroom vanity cabinets semi-recessed ~270mm depth -help??

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by ChrisP73, 3rd May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ChrisP73

ChrisP73 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

We have two bathrooms plus an ensuite that require an update. All three require narrow depth vanities due to space etc, as well as requiring floor mount. We've settled on semi-recessed basins being the best way to go (eg, eg, eg) which also means a vanity cabinet with the space at the top for the recess - also seem to be described as semi-recessed vanity cabinets. Preference is for plain white cabinets. Plan is for an engineered stone top on each which we can get made to size with cuts for the basin. All good so far...

Problem is I'm really struggling to find the vanity cabinets to support semi-recessed basins in the narrower style (depth ~270mm), in the three sizes (width/length) we need.

width/length ~770, depth ~270, floor mount
    width/length ~900, depth ~270, floor mount
    width/length ~1500, depth ~270, floor mount

Does anyone have any ideas?

Chris

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'm a little confused but are you searching for a narrow wall cabinet to recess and do you want it finishing flush with the wall tiles?

We have done this various times, and in our own bathroom, we have a narrower than usual basin and pushed our wall cabinet into the wall. It sits about 2cm proud at the top (plasterboard) but is almost flush where the wall is tiled up to the side.

Ours is an Ikea cabinet.

3. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

If you have narrow depth, I'd suggest no-door just some open-shelf.

In our house although we have depth, but being a minimalist,we chose to build one just with open shelves. And have a Bottle Trap to match.
    You can adjust whatever dept you like...
    See picture attached.

Attached Files: