Bathroom resurfacing vs reno

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by ATANG, 20th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

I am in a dilemma to whether doing a full bathroom reno or simply do a resurfacing for an apartment. If full reno prob looking at 50k for two bathrooms, but for resurfacing, it’s prob 1/10 of the cost. Basically the two bathrooms are the only areas with original condition. I am sort of biased to what ROI is for bathrooms, I mean most of the time people only took a glimpse of bathrooms and don’t stay over a minute in there. Is it really worth to do a full reno of it?

The resurfacing seems to be very cosmetic efficient but of course it does not change the material as they are still the same tiles and laminate, but it simply covers all the stains and plain, with pure glossy white. Has anyone had any experience of it?

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Depends on the value of the apartment.

Painted or resurfaced tiles often look nothing like fresh new tiles or other, more up to date, surfaces.

Probably not much difference for rental return, but a major factor in resale value.

balwoges likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Resurfacing will give you another 10+ years if the tiles and bath are sound. New shower screen, vanity, mirror, face plates will make it look more appealing.