Bathroom re glaze Canberra

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by BunnyXiao, 29th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BunnyXiao

BunnyXiao Well-Known Member

I am looking to reglaze a bathroom in an apartment in Canberra. Recently a property in another state had a slow water leak in the shower that leaked and needed re-sheeting due to (long story for another day).
    Anyhoo made me think about being super pre-emptive and maybe getting tile reglazing done so if anyone knows of someone they think suitable let me know. I also know Canberra is crazy expensive so if someone has a good reasonable tradesperson they like and trust please let me know

2. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

i'd inspect grout work of shower area if it's fine then no need, property manager would miss this most likely so you'd have to look for it your self / pay a plumber

3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

White Knight??

BunnyXiao likes this.
  4. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Define re-glazing?

You can make sure the silicon seal is in good condition, but realistically, if the waterproofing fails under the tiles, there's no cheap way around it.

5. BunnyXiao

Ultraglaze bath resurfacing ACT (Canberra) - Ultraglaze
    that means reglazing. Im after recommendations for reglaze

6. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Is your shower at Canberra property leaking now, or you're just preempting? Showers can only leak in 2 ways: from the water inlet which connects to your taps (breach) behind the tiles, or though your waste/tiles. If it's the latter then your can use this stuff which is painted onto your tiles and grout (handyman can do)..

CPC 220ml Shower Plug Sealant

If your copper beach is leaking then you need to remove the tiles in front of your taps and braize it (plumber job).

7. BunnyXiao

Pre empting. Improving; and looking for local contacts with local info on re glazers they like

The sealant stuff is a good tip for another property in another state that I just spent a ton of money on a slow leak on due to the exact issue you said. Could help with the second bathroom there. But no reglaze needed on that IP

8. Momentum

I wouldn't bother with it if you're just preempting. Your link to a reglazer looks like a guy who paints White Knight paint onto the surface to make a bath look new again. If he says he can waterproof a shower then he'll most likely be painting the surface of the tiles with something similar to what I linked to. Save your money and leave it be until there's a problem. It won't increase the rent by preempting it.

BunnyXiao likes this.
  9. BunnyXiao

it is just an example as someone did not understand what re glazing means
    I am looking for local people to reply with local knowledge on local re glazers they have used and like
    ok I will leave it as is and thanks so much for your tips. I was pre-empting as damage to repair after the fact is extremely expensive
    Edited to ask: What is White Knight paint?

10. Momentum

White Knight is a 2 part paint designed for painting enamel surfaces like baths..
    White Knight 500ml White Tub And Basin Paint

Check this Australian based forum for anything to do with renovating. It's better for anything to do with home improvements and renovating than this forum..
    Renovate Forums

dryver likes this.
  11. BunnyXiao

You are godsend. Thank you so much!

Momentum likes this.
  12. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I understand what that reglazing is, but it doesn't do anything to help protect against waterproofing issues?