Bathroom layout ideas for PPOR

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by RENI99, 6th Jun, 2023.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RENI99

RENI99 Well-Known Member

Hi - upstairs PPOR. Currently the ensuite needs to be renovated. The main bathroom is okay but will be eventually renovated as well. Considering if we should look at doing both together and if so what could be a better layout, noting that this will not be the cheapest way to go.
    Ideally I would like larger shower space and the seperate WC is quite small. It does not need to be seperate as this is more of a guest bathroom.
    Walk in wardrobe is just a room with a shelf and hanging space at the moment.
    Master bedroom is a good size
    Expect we will stay here for at least 5-10 years maybe longer.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

20230606_183807.jpg
    I voted to remove the toilet wall opening up the main bathroom as the cheap option.

If you are going to go all out then reno both at once.

Extend the ensuite shower over the main bath shower (moving the wall and stealing from the main bathroom) if you lose the linen cupboard you can move the entry door 600mm to the right, this would allow you to move the ensuite wall into the hallway making room for a vanity in the ensuite and make room for a vanity in the main bath...

Estimate $45k.

RENI99 likes this.
  3. RENI99

RENI99 Well-Known Member

Thanks Stoffo - thats very helpful.

Stoffo likes this.
  4. Burramys

Burramys Well-Known Member

Having a separate toilet and bathroom allows both to be used at the same time. All my properties have or had this. An en suite is a small bathroom and does not have to be big. I cannot see the return justifying any significant layout change for either the bathroom, toilet or en suite. If the cupboard next to the toilet is not used or if there are other cupboards for the items inside, it may be possible to move the cupboard so that the doors are in the office. Or leave a small cupboard for towels and bathroom products next to the toilet, and have a bigger office cupboard.

While there could be significant inconvenience, having all the bathroom and en suite renos done at the same time appeals. The tiler and plumber will cost less.

5. ncdev22

ncdev22 Active Member

Not a lot of room to work with. If doing a full gut job on both rooms, I would suggest removing the bathtub and putting the shower in its place in the bathroom or a shower over bath (will have issues waterproofing the window) to free up some space but no real simple solution. If you can scarfice a little in the bedroom also could help Upstairs.jpg

RENI99 likes this.