Bathroom, kitchen, laundry quote

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by jins13, 12th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The Bondi Levy is the M2, M7, M5, M4, Cross-city tunnel etc plus the two hours each way in non-productive time.

bob shovel likes this.
  2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Modern day slavery :D

"client liason"!!

jins13 likes this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

What you charge for demo a unit? :D

I got quotes for a Mullberry tree to cut down. Quite a large one. Quotes came in at 4-700.

Got my Westy dude at $150 cash. Plus dispose and poison roots. :)

bob shovel likes this.
  4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

C'mon, what's a 'client liaison fee', that is a blatant rort. Had they put down $2,xxx + GST consultancy fees no one would bat an eyelid.

bob shovel and Sackie like this.
  5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

As long as you can sleep at night knowing your mates have further spread the weeds! :eek:

6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I am currently Project Managing a two bedroom unit for someone else, in Strathpine Qld. Might as well be Western Sydney or Werribee demographic. The reno'ed unit will rent for a smidge over $300 a week.

Their Property Manager got the owner a quote to do pretty much what we are doing - their quote is $65K and we will get change for the owner out of $25k.

bob shovel likes this.
  7. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Any good renovaters,/tradies anyome can recommend to put the life back into a property.

8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

What area?

bob shovel likes this.
  9. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Around North Rocks and WPH area.

Last edited by a moderator: 7th Oct, 2018
  10. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    We live in WPH... we did a pretty extensive renovation @ 1 year ago... let me know if you want details of the various trades.

pennanthills_web028.jpg pennanthills_web026.jpg pennanthills_web025.jpg pennanthills_web024.jpg pennanthills_web021.jpg 2017-09-22 16.45.39.jpg 2017-08-29 17.27.43.jpg 2017-11-02 12.44.37-1.jpg

Kryys and Brian84 like this.
  11. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

12. Brian84

I done a reno at the start of the year on my wife’s cousins house for kitchen, bathroom, en-suite and laundry which included wall removal in the bathroom to make one big room from a 3way bathroom, also wall removal in the kitchen and a stone benchtop with a fancy 3 step edging.

The price included new integrated dishwasher, oven, range hood, 15kg washing machine, new dryer and all taps, bath, toilets etc.

Costs around $55k

13. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Thank You. We like it :)

14. oneone

oneone Well-Known Member

Hi Brian, did you do some of the work or project manage ? Care to share the tradies you used ? I'm looking to do kitchen and bathroom and kknock down a wall too, and 55K was around what I was hoping for

15. Brian84

I done all of the carpentry work, but it was paid work for me and my crew. I project managed the whole Reno. I used licenced trades for all the other work so they could provide the warranty.

The price depends on the quality of fixtures and fittings you want to use, also the size of the Reno. What area are you in?

16. oneone

oneone Well-Known Member

@Brian84 the apartment is in neutral bay - unfortunately that'll probably mean a location premium when being qouted.
    its a 2 bdr, internal area is about 100sqm. Kitchen is about 3.4m by 2m, thinking of knocking down 2 walls to make it open with the lounge room. Replace all cabinetry and put in an island.
    Bathroom is small 2.4 by 2, small stand alone WC about half that size. Retiling and update is required but won't move plumbing.
    Retile laundry (about WC size).
    Repaint all rooms, change carpet flooring to engineered wood, built in wardrobe for one room.

For fixtures, what did your budget allow ? mid-range quality or cheapest ? I'm not necessarily looking for cheapest as there is a chance I'll move in for a bit

17. Brian84

With the fixtures the client chose Bunnings taps or accessories from a renovation shop I know. With appliances they chose lg, Westinghouse and beko

oneone likes this.