Bathroom door lock - where to buy?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by housechopper2, 1st Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. housechopper2

housechopper2 Well-Known Member

Where can I buy a bathroom door lock like this? I went to Bunnings but they only have them integrated with the door handle. I want one that is separate.

Attached Files:

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Locksmiths will carry a range of budget and not so budget alternatives. That form of snib (thats its name) may or may not comply with the building code and looks quite unconventional esp as it just appears to be pushbutton. (external emergency release is required!, usually a pin / hole on the exterior)

Whats not showing is the latching mechanism inside the door. If its a non-conventional latch it could be problematic. Here is a link to some images which show the latching variations which may affect the door itself to avoid replacing the door.

bathroom privacy lock - Google Search

housechopper2 likes this.
  3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

housechopper2 likes this.
  4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Thats a very common one common to Lane, Gainsborough and others and available at Bunnings etc in different finishes. However the sliding door needs a precisely cut rebated cutout (comes with a template) and the size of the cutout needs to mask and not intrude beyond the former circular hole. Might work depending on latch setback in present door. The strike on the jamb may also be impacted as the other uses a different plate type. Hopefully its larger. Chisel so plate is surface flush.

(Long ago I worked for Black & Decker who owned Lane Hardware)

Westminster likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.