Bathroom basin replacement

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Mavis, 21st Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mavis

Mavis Well-Known Member

Hello, I'm thinking of replacing the existing bathroom basin - it is currently an oval semi recessed 3 tap basin with approx 41cm deep and 55cm wide.

I'm thinking of replacing it with a larger rectangular counter top basin with a single tap - approximately 67cm wide and 44cm deep with 1 tap top. I am sure a plumber can convert the hot and cold taps into one as it should converge. This leaves a fairly large hole under where the previous sink was.

I'm thinking it shouldn't cause any issues - is it as simple as what I think it would be? Or am i missing something vital which means it may not work / not have sufficient support?

2. Mavis

Mavis Well-Known Member

rough image..

Attached Files:

3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Depends on what the bench--top is made of,and does it cut into the drawer section ,the plumbing side is not a problem..imho..

4. Mavis

Mavis Well-Known Member

the bench top is wooden, quite solid. because it's an old style, when you open the cupboard doors, you can see the piping.. so i think at the most, it may mean less storage space.. no drawers to speak off which i think makes it simpler. I was just concerned of the hole where the existing basin is as it is semi-recessed and i am moving to a full counter top basin :)