Barnaby Joyce gone

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nadine Cross, 23rd Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Barnaby's partner did not go through a a fair recruitment process to obtain her $190k salary role and actually received a pay increase during her employment

Last edited by a moderator: 24th Feb, 2018
  2. Nadine Cross

Nadine Cross Well-Known Member

So you are ok with adultery and it's no business of ours, but not ok with free accommodation from a good friend because they are earning good incomes and it is our business? interesting....
    I do agree with you though about he position created for her (paid for with out taxpayers money) goes to my argument about these people not able to make the proper decisions that affect us all - given their original sin of adultery.

3. Nadine Cross

Probably not, but like many topics discussed; it's just discussion....something to talk about around the water cooler. We don't not discuss them because our life won't change as a result.

Noobieboy likes this.
  4. Hwa Rang

Hwa Rang Member

I would want _at least_ 190k to sleep with Barnaby

Ouchmyknees likes this.
  5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I didn't say I'm ok with adultery. I said it is the business of Barnaby, his wife and his new partner. Who are we to judge?

I think as a politician he should have thought some more about the implications of accepting free accommodation, how that looks to those who elect him (or not), and from what I have read, the "made up" job in a different area to move the problem around a bit.

I read that the free accommodation was from someone who donates to the party. If that is the case, what would he expect in return?

Last edited: 24th Feb, 2018
    kierank likes this.
  6. Nadine Cross

My view is it is their business if they're a private citizen - but they are not; they (he) are elected by us, so under our (public) scrutiny so to speak, and therefore able to be judged on their behaviour.

Totally agree.

It is one of his very close friends, who also happens to donate to their Party - no doubt due to their friendship to some degree, and possibly for some future economic gain for the Donor/friend...possibly some sort of contra deal as well.

7. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

8. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I stand by with the process being flawed and the role was created for her. To be paid SES level pay grade, there are certain expectations required of you.

How was it a fair and equitable process in the recruitment, when there there was no competition for the role and I wonder how she was able to satisfy all the addressed criteria for the role?

geoffw likes this.
  9. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

The rules only apply to the plebs. I've seen plenty of people with the right connections get public sector jobs they were not competitive or qualified for.

10. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Battered and bruised, bumbling Barnaby belatedly bites the bullet.

Ouchmyknees and datto like this.
  11. Nadine Cross

yes, that was also on the list of not passing the pub test.

12. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with who Joyce was bonking but...
    He spent the most amount of time (claiming travel allowance) of any polly in Canberra.
    The media say he was staying in Armidale with his new GF. Isn't her position based in Canberra? Who was paying for her travel?
    Why was Joyce claiming an ON allowance when he was only 90 minutes from home?
    The list of dodgy dealings go on and on

But dodgy dealings from pollys is normal - they should be investigated. It's sad that we can't trust our elected officials to the right thing.

Nadine Cross likes this.
  13. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Perhaps Barnaby, assuming he is a member of PChat, should consider a good read of the recent thread:-

Whats making you poor?

Angel and Nadine Cross like this.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.