Banking Apps

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Gockie, 24th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Hi,
    I've just seen that the NAB app I have on my Android has a scan "your receipts" function added. CBA has always been the best App, but this is something CBA doesn't have!

Note, I use CBA to hold my loyalty cards, though I know there are plenty of other options that can do that too.
    Screenshot_20200924-165729_NAB.jpg

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Everyone smartphone has a camera and can upload receipts to ?... apps, cloud files etc . Its what you do with them that counts. Having them in a banking app wont help a summary at tax time much. ATO also has a feature on its app. Many banks have limited access to past data and roll onwards leaving past data only in PDF format as "statements". eg Westpac is max 3 years but closed accounts are "lost" after the end of that month and solely PDF. They do have limited access to closed accounts. This doesnt include joint accounts or loans. Can be accessed by staff (fees apply !)

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Good callouts, thanks Paul.

Q. If I upload to cloud, how searchable are the receipts?

4. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Depends on how you name and file them and if you have a search tool to look for specific content.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia