Banker couldn't help me because her kids were being dropped off to the branch.

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by wylie, 30th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Marty McDonald

Marty McDonald Mortgage broker Business Member

Yes agree sounds like it was more of a POET issue.

2. neK

neK Well-Known Member

You are way too nice. :)

I would have told her she if she was not able to open my account even though I was at the branch 30 mins prior to closing time, that she need to provide me with a written response signed and dated by her and counter signed by the branch manager explaining why she unable to do so, so that I could provide to the ATO to explain any tax liabilities / discrepancies as a result her being unable to open the account.

She can have her POETS issue. I'll have my See You Next Tuesday issue ;)

Erida likes this.
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

LOL I just went to the bank site and was nearly about to hit "send" with a complaint when we lost power. Some idiot (my husband's description not mine :D) just put a crowbar through a power cable near our pool.

I couldn't find where to post on the bank Facebook page, and now the power is cut when I'm about to hit send... I think it is a sign that I just forget it and move on ;).

4. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

The only time I ever complained afterwards to a bank was when I needed a payment to the ATO. I usually pay tax online but this time the tax bill was much larger than the online limit. The teller insisted that the ATO reference number was "too long" but it would fit if she just "drops off the last 4 digits....". I got them to write me a bank cheque. There are sometimes some bozos in banks (but maybe in this case she did have something urgent to do in 25 mins, who knows).

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Thanks guys, I had never heard of POETS day before.

6. Santaslayer

Santaslayer Well-Known Member

I haven't read the entire thread but if it's just a new account it can be done either on the telephone or with some banks - online. It's not a big deal especially if you do it yourself online. Less room for human error I say.
    Means you won't even have to get off your chair. Lazy people like me love that.