Bank Valuation of Commercial Property

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Dwib, 30th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dwib

Dwib New Member

Hi All,

Was wondering how a bank would go about valuing a commercial property with the following financials.

3000m2 commercial property
    2 tenants paying $230,000 pa in total.
    Both tenants on lease terms of 10yrs + 5yrs + 5yrs with 3% annual increase.

What cap rate would they apply to something like this?

My thinking was 7% and as a a guesstimate the valuation would be $3.29M. Realise that there other contributing factors but would that be a good starting place?

Would appreciate others views and expertise on this.

Kind regards
    Dwib

2. Dazedmw

Dazedmw Well-Known Member

Are these office/warehouses? I assume so if the building is 3000 square metres with a rental of $230k.

First step would be to assess if the current rental is at market. Likely to be if they were struck recently?

Then assess a cap rate. What is the WALE? How old is the property? What is the land size? I don't know about the Brisbane market but in Melbourne you would probably be looking mid to low 7s if the WALE was close to ten years to go tenants. Up towards 8% with shorter term certain.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice