Bank Statements vs Transaction Listing

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by robbo123, 22nd Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. robbo123

robbo123 Member

Hi All,

Just a query in regards to bank statements & transaction listings.

I have just found out that my transaction account, which a portion of my pay goes into, has statements set at 6 month intervals. I have now changed this to 1 month intervals, however the last statement period was from end of December to end of June.

My last 3 months of transactions on this account have been good, however I have some transactions dating back to earlier in the year that I'd rather a lender didn't have access too. (Mostly paid off a number of decent sized loans & credit cards).

I'm not certain the lender will want to see this account, as only a smallish portion of my paid goes into it however given the recent changes to lending criteria I've been seeing I feel like its a definite possibility.

Is there anyway I can avoid showing the whole 6 month statement? Is it possible to provide the most recent 1 month statement (which I recently changed to) & a transaction listing dating back 3 months or will I have to provide the entire statement?

Thanks

2. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

If the money is going towards paying off 'decent sized loans and credit cards'.. what are you worried about? This is a GOOD thing.

3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

depends a bit on lender.

some dont want any, some want 90 days and will question why you dont have phone bill etc :)

ta

rolf

4. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Usually an actual bank statement + transaction listing for the time period required will do. The listing will need to show the account number corresponding to the statement.
    Also not sure you need to worry that much about behaviour from 6 months ago, especially if it relates to closed credit cards. Some forensic type lenders may want evidence of card closure if the debt repayment pops up on the statement.