Bank Auction houses

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by dev_melb08, 27th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dev_melb08

dev_melb08 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys, Looking for responses from experienced people who have bought an incomplete house as bank auctioned it for what ever reason.

If the house is at a stage that the externals are completed, but internals are not, then what is the process ? Does it re-council approval, building permit etc etc ?

What is the process to be followed and how much time does it take ?

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I've not bought a house uncompleted because I wouldn't know what I'm doing and the costs associated with it. Perhaps, a builder is able to advise you and to confirm the building was in compliance with DA. Find out the reasons why the house was completed. Finance? Some legal issues? Could be a bargain or could be a money pit.

3. dev_melb08

Thanks larry, its a Bank auction due to owners owners unable to keep the finances. Bank has got a hold and they will auction it.. So its not a bargain, but any ones game.

What I am interested to know is if I need to redo the building permit etc.. Yes you are right its a builder question

4. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Or speak to the Council about this situation. Perhaps, if you cite the name of Council, others may be able to assist.

5. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

If you're intending to purchase a property that is partially completed, make sure you've got very, very deep pockets, or a lot of equity elsewhere.

This sort of property can be incredibly difficult to obtain finance against. It can also be difficult to find a builder to complete the property because the builder may have to work within constraints of what's already been done.

6. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

If it's a half completed fixed price build contract, speak to that builder about completion.

If it isn't, run away.

dev_melb08 likes this.
  7. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Do you know if the builder is prepared to complete the build?

8. dev_melb08

Thanks for heads up.!

9. dev_melb08

In process of doing that before. Thanks

Perthguy likes this.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice