QLD Bald Hills QLD

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Nervous, 4th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LalorParkResident

LalorParkResident Member

Hi mate,
    Thanks for sharing it.
    Still Investing in Brisbane is better as the income from rent is still very high compared to the NSW. Also considering how the property market in NSW is pretty stable, I still believe its a good return on investment if we can keep the property for 10 years.

2. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

I would say that Brisbane houses on the North side in particular are about the best positioned for growth in the entire country. Big call but thats my opinion and my money is where my mouth is. And yes the yield is still also reasonable in comparison to say Sydney or Melbourne. I don't disagree with the location or choice of an investment whatsoever, but it is Extremely important to know- perhaps critical that the laws surrounding granny flats and rent differ a lot in NSW to QLD. In NSW we have state legislation that can overide any council legislation on granny flat rental and its common for Sydney siders to think that they can just add a granny flat and rent it out separately which is not permitted in BCC. Others councils such as Logan do allow it if criteria is met and so it varies council to council. Lots of people get caught on this which is why i wanted to emphasize the point.