NSW Badgerys Creek Airport is ago!

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by paulF, 12th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Blacktown, well if what I looked closely at, they get screwed potentially, flights coming in, and flights going out, and will not be that high above ground, IIRC 800m or less, who wants to be under a flight path when in take off mode if it is 24hrs......keep in mind this is all proposal, not in stone and obviously wind on the day plays a part.

For the BM residents, well why have the path following the resi area, come in and out over parkland if possible would make more sense.

I think the thinking of an airport is needed for those living in Western Sydney is broken, it could be anywhere that proper, fast large motorways and fast rail could be put in. It is even said by many of you here, it is a congestion and access problem, but you think building an airport is smarter than proper transport and roads ?

Lets say Mascot had unlimited potential, put in a proper fast rail link to Sydneys West with trains every 10 mins or so & you have a solution, cheaper & they could take off over ocean.

This is what I was referring to in Kurnell, but then they had other options.

Here is one I would like to see....

Build a huge airport *over* the mountains somewhere, put a proper 8 lane motorway across mountains, put high speed rail to Sydney and down South, Canberra and Melbourne, this would be vision, leadership, bold, would relieve the Sydney housing problem.

What will we all do though ? Nothing, ***** and moan about housing, congestion, flights, this, that & the other.

2. dabbler

Yeah, Baird was on Tv...

C'mon Bob, of course I know, that is why they should not delay, it could be used by existing residents anyway.

We are heading into a recession, govt should start doing more now, something significant, both Commonwealth and States.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

A 737 climbs roughly 600m/minute. Flights over Blacktown are basically over the industrial area so I would be surprised if any of Blacktown experiences anywhere near the levels of noise which affects the rest of Sydney. Blacktown is over 8kms from the end of the proposed runway so planes would be over 5km in altitude - nimbys, it's a noise!

Fig 10-14 is for landings but noise levels are considerably higher closer to the Prospect Reservoir.

ANEF linky

Last edited: 14th Dec, 2016
  4. dabbler

I remember looking at them, I was wondering ow they could be that low.

Seems there is a proposed path where planes will be 2000ft (600 odd m) over Blacktown on way in, now the outgoing shows no height. This matches the Govt map I saw IIRC. But I do not really know, and who knows, those that make the most noise win, so anything could happen or change.

5. dabbler

6. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Only took a week. Pathetic Rent Seekers.

Anyone want to put money on whether this thing will actually get built? Or whether we will still be talking about it in 10 years?

If I was Turnbull, I'd tell Sydney Airport they have 1 month to get on board or I'd tell them I was going to move it to Wilton or Goulburn , and put it out to tender

Turnbull government, Sydney Airport at loggerheads over Badgerys Creek

7. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

One step forward, two steps back. I can see it getting dragged out for another few decades.

8. euro73

Welcome to Infrastructure, Australian style

You know what these pollies should do? They should issue Govt Infrastructure Bonds , backed by their AAA ( just) rating... and guarantee a 3% return for 10 years. All yields should be 100% franked/tax free. They'd raise 10's of billions from SMSF's and grey ghosts all over the country - and could cut out the PPP's that make Australian infrastructure projects the most expensive and superseded before they are even finished, in the world.

Otherwise, they should mandate that Australian super funds have to invest 10% into Australian infrastructure... or increase their tax rates from 15% to 45%

There is ZERO innovation or business acumen or political bravery amongst any of this lot. #USELESS

9. Scott No Mates

Typical lessee/lessor posturing in the negotiation process. As the first right of refusal Macquarie will ask for the world as there are only a few sketchy plans. As lessor, they're building roads, rezoning getting approvals etc.

How much more can one party screw out of the other?

10. euro73

I still think a Govt nation building bond is a great idea...just like War Bonds back in WW1 and 2....

All they need is 2 Million people to invest 25K each and they'd have $50 Billion. 4 Million people at 25K each would give them $100 Billion.

if it mean a high speed rail, or a national water /irrigation program, allowing regional areas to prosper, as a property investor I'd happily invest in that.

The returns would be massive

11. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

If the government isn't willing to stump up cash then first right of refusal or not, noone else is going to be interested. Except for maybe the Chinese.

Everyone who is interested in seeing Badgery's Creek going ahead aren't putting their hands in their pocket. If the Government wants it to be built ahead of when its required then I think they need to stump up some of the cash. Anyone else would get murdered trying to compete against the established Kingsford Smith Airport.

12. Scott No Mates

Let's fund it in the traditional Australian way, the Badgerys Creek $10 lottery. If it was good enough for the Harbour Bridge and Opera house.

Gockie likes this.
  13. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Is this one reason to consider Western Sydney for investment.

$99m proposal for luxury resort in Luddenham( next to Badgery's Creek)
    $99m proposal for luxury resort in Luddenham

20min to Leppington/Penrith
    30min to Blacktown

bob shovel likes this.
  14. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Also a science learning factory out there to

Jump back on the western sydney boom train!
    Northern road upgrades commencing
    Rail link from Hills via st marys to airport

15. dabbler

16. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Scott No Mates likes this.
  17. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

18. Scott No Mates

19. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

Said it all along, not investable. Good decision by Sydney Airports for their shareholders.

Only real option is for the Government or the 'dodgy' Chinese to build it.

20. Michael M.

Michael M. Member

Since its one of the top priorities of Australian infrastructure, Badgery's Creek will happen to support job/population growth. It's a matter of when in terms of finding an investor/company that doesn't mind the decades long return period.

Probably government with foreign debt?

paulF likes this.