Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Bad Agents on Current Affair

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 8th Feb, 2016.

1. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Just watched A Current Affair on channel 9.
    They showed several bad agents...xpress Rental management at Cooparoo..she pushed the landlord and reporter as she was leaving in her car.
    She let the tenant trash the place.

The second bad agent was a company called Northern performance who said they done inspection reports but the landlord a Ray Chapman said they were blank.

His house was a trashed mess .

2. pinkboy

pinkboy Well-Known Member Premium Member

Nothing like a good ol' media beat up show to stir the emotions of the mass plebs. :rolleyes:

pinkboy

3. Santaslayer

Santaslayer Well-Known Member

people should know that this is a possibility but obviously doesn't happen to everyone

4. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

I dont really blame the agents for the tenants...however the agent shouldnt of pushed the landlord on TV...thats just unprofessional and assault.

But the secind agent..Northern performance said they did do inspections.

Why and how do these tenants leave such a mess...i mean they must of lived there during this mess???
    Things all over the floor...toilet not cleaned...how do they have visitors?
    Is it laziness? Surely you cant live in that pigstye ??
    The young couple they showed with the tattoos didnt look sick but left a pigstye of a house ???
    I would tell them to their face they are disgusting dirty cows if they done that to my home.

5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

One of the properties is in Logan.

6. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

A Current Affair is complete trash. Like trying to get world news from a Womens Weekly magazine.

They try to get in the way of people so they have to push them out of the way. This was done in reverse when John Saffron approached Ray Martin at his house, surprising how the journalist doesnt like it when the situation is reversed.

Not trying to justify the actions of anyone, i havent seen this episode, just suggesting that it may be severely lacking in facts.

Rugrat and D.T. like this.
  7. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

I watched this. The lady who had the Logan property was a Melbourne investor. Guess it shows the importance of researching your agents if you're going to use them.

8. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member Premium Member

I caught this by chance while flicking through.
    Was waiting for the disclaimer at the end of the segment advising that you should always take out landlords insurance to protect against such occurrences, but they didn't mention it this time.
    This is usually the reason these stories surface in the first place.

9. BarneyRubble

BarneyRubble Well-Known Member

Watched it too, unfortunately cannot get that 20 mins back. Luckily it was just background noise while cooking.

My summary: B grade reporting (at best), about a B grade property, managed by a B grade agent, providing D grade service to an investor that had done F grade diligence on anything related to their investment.

MRO and Propertunity like this.