Back on Uber this weekend

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Taku Ekanayake, 24th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

@Gockie what a shame they got rid of their garden section and put in that $2 party shop in it's place...

2. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

How long after did you keep getting the staff discount for?

datto likes this.
  3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I know! I was shattered... I was good friends with the guy who used to night fill all the garden soils etc for many years... That is heavy work....
    I also remember doing the store refit when Pat Rafter lost to Goran Ivanisevic in the Wimbledon final (so much rain... The men's final was held over to the Monday night)... Very long and late 5 set match.... From memory I was working doing the refit or some other substantial piece of work in the greenhouse up a ladder something like 1amish when I heard the news that Pat lost..... Goran had been in many Wimbledon finals by then so I'm happy he did get a win (and no less as a wildcard!)... Not so happy that it was against an Aussie.... And doubly so that was Pat Rafter... The nicest guy.... :(

Ps. The garden centre customers were always the nicest... The footwear customers on the other hand never really came across as grateful if you ever went to the effort of getting them the stock from out the back they asked for. And people in the footwear section would leave stuff they didn't want all over the ground.... Always!

Oh well. And anyway... I really enjoyed my time working in the store. Great community. :)

Last edited: 7th Mar, 2017
  4. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Not long. I then got onto the five finger discount lol.

Ted Varrick likes this.
  5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Just noticed that uber drivers ate in line for a bonus - linky

Are you still driving , @Taku Ekanayake?

datto likes this.
  6. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Wow $14K bonus! I might stop touting for passengers at Mt Druitt station and actually join Uber.

"Anyone going to Letho or Biddy? Show ya money and jump in the VN. I'll screech the tyres for an extra ten lol"

7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

$14k applies if you've had over 10,000 trips. You'd better start driving quickly.

datto likes this.
  8. datto

datto Well-Known Member

You'd be brain dead after that many trips. That's about 2 years work full time.

I've done more trips than that and looked what happened to me lol. You'll hear about every medical ailment and every political view imaginable.

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

So you're in line for $42,000 with your aliases :D

You forgot to mention all the hot racing tips and how you can make money in mining towns by buying positively geared property. ;)

TMNT and datto like this.
  10. Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake Well-Known Member

haha nah haven't been behind the wheel in a long while. Defintiely would've clocked up 10K plus trips by now if i kept driving lol.

11. NHG

NHG Well-Known Member

Do it!

Undercover Broker.
    Drive around handing out sage financial advice.

Web series filmed on your dash cam.
    Win a free financial planning session.

12. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

Anyone got experience running multiple ride sharing apps at the same time?

Here in Newcastle, the Confucious Institute is pushing their ride share app - Didi. Apparently they take lower fees than Uber too - 5%. It has only launched in Melbourne, Geelong, and Newcastle so far. I'm guessing Newcastle may have gotten it due to the strength of the Confucious Institute here, maybe to do with Jack Ma.

Was thinking in a lower density place like this it might be better to be across a couple of platforms to maximize exposure.

cheers,
    Inertia.